Hardware *Hax Init* screen. NATIVE_FIRM version?

Dark Ronin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello there fellow tempers.
I have an issue trying to downgrade my N3DS from 11.0 to *you know which version* using hardmod.
I managed to dump'n'flash and so on, as described over at Plailect's. His sysupdater shows me a button prompt, then stuck on HAX INIT screen. So far I've tried 3 entrypoints (homemenu, browser, OOt), entering and exiting other apps, system format. No luck.
Just to clear things, I'm a patient type, but seeing things went saame route countless times tired me a little.
Anyway, got a few questions.
1 - can system format actually rewrite NATIVE_FIRM back to original state? Sounds madness, but you'll never know these days...
2 - how in a world we can confirm that it really gets rewritten to 10.4? Any homebrew capable of checking this out?
3 - what are my options for now? Any other sysupdater to try out?
I saw something changed at github for svchax, so maybe I should just wait for big sceners to release updated version of sysupdater?
Thanks in advance, guys!

Last edited by Dark Ronin,

jayb1239

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Once in homebrew launcher via your entrypoint, but before you open PlaiSysUpdater, first open the ftp server that is on the default list of homebrew in the launcher. Exit out of the ftpserver and then run PlaiSysUpdater, it should now go past the HAX INIT.

Edit: Super ftpd II Turbo its called, at least that has worked for me on a few where I;ve had similar issues. Don't exit homebrew launcher in between apps.

Last edited by jayb1239,
Reactions: Dark Ronin

Dark Ronin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Once in homebrew launcher via your entrypoint, but before you open PlaiSysUpdater, first open the ftp server that is on the default list of homebrew in the launcher. Exit out of the ftpserver and then run PlaiSysUpdater, it should now go past the HAX INIT.

Edit: Super ftpd II Turbo its called, at least that has worked for me on a few where I;ve had similar issues. Don't exit homebrew launcher in between apps.
I did it already, countless times. No progress. Thank you for your effort.
Patch your already patched nand again and rewrite. Than use the latest PlaiSysUpdater along with CN as an entry point.

Trust me.
I think you're right... But why would we need to patch it again?
Also, I'm starting to think that win32diskimager just didn't write a single byte to NAND, and the reason here could be that "lock" slider on SD-adapter. Though no error pops up.
So here's what I'll do next - try to flash a little FF'ed binary to NAND and read it back just to reassure. If it goes well - I'll patch again already patched dump and write it back.
As for CN - I don't have one. Woudn't existing entrypoints be enough?

jayb1239

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No need to modify and flash another NAND. Just read it back and compare the md5 with the file you flashed. It's good practice to do that anyway to verify a good write and doesn't add much time to the process anyway.
Sorry the ftp app idea didn't help.

Dark Ronin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
No need to modify and flash another NAND. Just read it back and compare the md5 with the file you flashed. It's good practice to do that anyway to verify a good write and doesn't add much time to the process anyway.
Sorry the ftp app idea didn't help.
It will be different since I performed system format after flashing.
First things first, goota check out actual flashing capabilbties of my SD-adapter.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone just went through this the other day. Do what i said and report back.

For whatever reason the nand patches did not take. Finally he repatched and patched nand and flashed it and it worked.

Dark Ronin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Really now, LOL)
Care to know what happens if you patch already patched dump? It gets reverted back!
Wanna try it out? Go ahead and patch any nand, patch the resulting one once again and compare the differences in HxD with original one - bet you won't see any.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really now, LOL)
Care to know what happens if you patch already patched dump? It gets reverted back!
Wanna try it out? Go ahead and patch any nand, patch the resulting one once again and compare the differences in HxD with original one - bet you won't see any.

Snip

Nevermind

Last edited by vb_encryption_vb,

Dark Ronin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well, after flashing patched dump back again, setting up menuhax via browserhax, I got a first shot hit.
So far I've learned (this should be added to downgrade guide) - under any circumstances, you should NOT format system after you flash your hybrid firmware.
So thank you all for your help, case closed.

Last edited by Dark Ronin,

Eruandou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, after flashing patched dump back again, setting up menuhax via browserhax, I got a first shot hit.
So far I've learned (this should be added to downgrade guide) - under any circumstances, you should NOT format system after you flash your hybrid firmware.
So thank you all for your help, case closed.
Actually I recommend formating the device with tinyformat (so as not to have problems with your NNID once you flash your backup_nand back) because some consoles (specially Old 3ds/old 3ds xl) just won't be able to downgrade correctly (the "an error has ocurred..." thing happens) unless you format :/ quite funny actually

Dark Ronin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Actually I recommend formating the device with tinyformat (so as not to have problems with your NNID once you flash your backup_nand back) because some consoles (specially Old 3ds/old 3ds xl) just won't be able to downgrade correctly (the "an error has ocurred..." thing happens) unless you format :/ quite funny actually
I repeat - AFTER you flashed your modified FW, not before.

Eruandou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I was also talking about formatting after flashing the modified NAND.bin to the device. Never had a problem with tinyformat's format after flashing the frankenfirmware'd nand back :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: ?tuw