Having problems with some injected SNES games

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by 03bgood, Sep 26, 2016.

1. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    So far, most of them work fine. I beat Soul Blazer without any issues but ActRaiser and Aladdin only run at 75% of speed. I didn't inject these myself, I got them from another website and SMAS+SMW was also one that ran slow, but I replaced it with one that runs at 100% speed. So far, I have SNES, N64, GBA, and DS games. I don't have any NES or TG-16 games.

Last edited by 03bgood, Sep 26, 2016
  2. Irastris

Irastris Just another fag with a suggestive avatar

May 3, 2015
    United States
    I don't believe the Wii U's SNES emulator was built with 100% compatibility in mind. If there isn't an official Virtual Console release available for a SNES game, chances are the VC emulator simply can't handle those games.

I might just be talking out of my ass here though, can anyone with more knowledge in the topic confirm whether I'm right or not?

3. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    The problem is he is using pal roms aka euro roms as they play slower than ntsc roms due to the old pal tv system. Pal games from back then ran roughly 25% slower than the same ntsc rom. That is why he got Mario all stars running at full speed the second time first time he must of had the euro rom

Last edited by Marko76, Sep 26, 2016
  4. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    That's pathetic if the Wii U's SNES VC emulator can hardly emulate any SNES games but the Wii's SNES VC emulator could? Talk about a giant step, backwards!

5. JohnathanMonkey

JohnathanMonkey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    Were they PAL/EUR Injects? If so, they will run slower. Use USA roms and they will work. I injected the games you mentioned and they all work great for me.

6. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    I think they might've been but ActRaiser was US version, I think it was injected into an EU VC ROM of another SNES game that ran at 50Hz, so that might've been the problem. Same goes with Aladdin.

7. Nemesis90

Nemesis90 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 12, 2011
    United States
    I've done a lot of research on this as of late and i can tell you Kirby's Dream Land 3 is without a doubt the best base to use for SNES games. Aside from some unofficial romhacks being too large i have yet to find a game that doesn't run full speed, let alone not even work. This of course doesn't count Super-FX games.

Last edited by Nemesis90, Oct 1, 2016
  8. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    No thanks to Nintendo refusing to obtain the rights from the now-defunct Argonaut Software; no emulator contains the GSU-1 code and while Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Donkey Kong Country are good bases, compatibility is hit and miss. There's a
    Wiki entry here for reference

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_Snes_injection

Edit: Some of these games will only work via RPX injection

Last edited by the_randomizer, Oct 1, 2016
  9. Nemesis90

Nemesis90 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 12, 2011
    United States
    That list seems a bit dated and people didn't seem to state any guidelines they followed. I didn't have any issues with Illusion of Gaia. I did notice ADSR issues in Clay Fighter though. A big factor in compatibility for me is that i only use rpx injection with the SDK though.

10. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I haven't done this in a long time, kinda lost interest because of how, well that doesn't matter. King of Dragons has the issue, as does Secret of Evermore, esp. in the new game menu. Part of the other problem is there aren't any recent games to RPX inject. Nintendo hasn't released a new Snes game in a long time. But there's nothing stopping others from updating the Wiki, I just don't really have much motivation to do so anytime soon :unsure:

There was an app recently made that made RPX hacking easier, not sure where the thread is, have to find it.