Having problems with Sleep mode.

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by meohsix, Aug 10, 2018.

1. meohsix
    OP

meohsix GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2008
    United States
    Hey guys, just hacked my switch a few days ago and I've noticed it will no longer wake from sleep mode. i just get a black screen and i'll have to hold down the power button for a bit before it'll reboot. i remember this was a problem in the "'early days" of switch hacking but was supposedly fixed months ago? i must have missed a step when i was setting everything up i guess? im using ReiNX with the Darth Meteos pack. i believe im on 5.1.0 and i dont use autoRCM.

any ideas? Thanks.

EDIT: MY PROBLEM WAS BECAUSE I WAS LEAVING THE JIG IN WHILE DOCKED!
    SWITCH WONT WAKE FROM SLEEP WITH THE JIG IN! >_<

Last edited by meohsix, Oct 13, 2018
  2. lembi2001

lembi2001 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2015
    NVM, just saw the last line lol

3. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    ReiNX has sleep mode issues, you will have to either deal with it or use a paid CFW.

meohsix likes this.
  4. meohsix
    OP

meohsix GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2008
    United States
    ah, so its an issue with reiNX? ok, i guess I'll deal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. kikongokiller

kikongokiller GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2017
    Australia
    If you're having issues with ReiNX, then just download SDFiles from Tumger's github repo. I haven't encountered any issues with that so far.

Biff627 likes this.
  6. bytar

bytar Holy Knight

Jan 5, 2016
    Japan
    i use hekate with devmenu for a week and my console has been on sleep mode almost all the time without any issues.

7. mranonymous

mranonymous GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2018
    United States
    Ah, I always thought that was how the Switch was supposed to be. Even when my Switch was brand new, it never woke instantly out of sleep mode. I always end up needing to press a button multiple times, and it can take 5 seconds or so to wake.

Did your unit used to respond instantly whenever you pressed a button to wake it up?

8. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    Hey, I have the same situation as you. I did the hack last week. I also have 5.1.0, ReiNX, Dark Meteos's SD Files 3.0.
    When I put my switch to sleep, then come back to it after a few hours, pressing the power button once will not do anything.
    However, pressing it AGAIN, will wake up the Switch. Yes, you may have to tap the power button 2x (1 second interval) to wake it up.