Hacking having problems with cfg loader

Zombiez4596

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need help every single tome i try to copy my wii games on my harddrive it say not enough space when there is actulaay 300gb
did i install something wrong or what

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Cfg cannot write to NTFS drives. Reformat your drive as FAT32 if you want to install games within the loader. If you are using Windows, you will need to use a tool like guiformat to format your drive to FAT32.

xGrAffitix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a question I have as well about the NTFS and Configurable USB loader..In the latest release (in the release notes) it says

- Reading from NTFS partitions! (ISO or WBFS files!)

Doesn't that mean it should be able to boot from an NTFS drive? If not, is there a loader that CAN boot from an NTFS drive? I'd really like one, seeing as how I still have some back up data from my PC on this harddrive, but still plenty of room for other stuff, that I'd like to use for my Wii.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
xGrAffitix said:
Here's a question I have as well about the NTFS and Configurable USB loader..In the latest release (in the release notes) it says

- Reading from NTFS partitions! (ISO or WBFS files!)

Doesn't that mean it should be able to boot from an NTFS drive? If not, is there a loader that CAN boot from an NTFS drive? I'd really like one, seeing as how I still have some back up data from my PC on this harddrive, but still plenty of room for other stuff, that I'd like to use for my Wii.
This has nothing to do with the loaders. If you want that functionality, you need somebody to make a homebrew launcher application that can read an NTFS formatted drive.

What you can do is repartition the drive to add a FAT32 partition (which can be done without moving or losing your NTFS data), and then use that to store the support files and optionally games for Cfg.

xGrAffitix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds a little difficult (I'm decent with computers but still learning.) But i'm sure I can manage with enough google searching. Thanks for the answer.

Zombiez4596

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i give u pic on this problem looks like cuz i dont want to format anything
this problem did not happen before i formatted to ntfs

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Zombiez4596 said:
can i give u pic on this problem looks like cuz i dont want to format anything
this problem did not happen before i formatted to ntfs
No need for a pic. I already told you the problem. Cfg cannot write to NTFS drives.

You need to format it to FAT32, wait for us to release a version of Cfg that does support NTFS writing or find a different way to put your games onto the drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill