having problems with cfg loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Zombiez4596, May 5, 2010.

May 5, 2010
  1. Zombiez4596
    OP

Newcomer Zombiez4596 Member

United States
    i need help every single tome i try to copy my wii games on my harddrive it say not enough space when there is actulaay 300gb
    did i install something wrong or what

2. Dr. Clipper

Member Dr. Clipper GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    Cfg cannot write to NTFS drives. Reformat your drive as FAT32 if you want to install games within the loader. If you are using Windows, you will need to use a tool like guiformat to format your drive to FAT32.

3. xGrAffitix

Newcomer xGrAffitix Advanced Member

United States
    Here's a question I have as well about the NTFS and Configurable USB loader..In the latest release (in the release notes) it says

- Reading from NTFS partitions! (ISO or WBFS files!)

Doesn't that mean it should be able to boot from an NTFS drive? If not, is there a loader that CAN boot from an NTFS drive? I'd really like one, seeing as how I still have some back up data from my PC on this harddrive, but still plenty of room for other stuff, that I'd like to use for my Wii.

4. Dr. Clipper

Australia
    This has nothing to do with the loaders. If you want that functionality, you need somebody to make a homebrew launcher application that can read an NTFS formatted drive.

What you can do is repartition the drive to add a FAT32 partition (which can be done without moving or losing your NTFS data), and then use that to store the support files and optionally games for Cfg.

5. xGrAffitix

Newcomer xGrAffitix Advanced Member

United States
    Sounds a little difficult (I'm decent with computers but still learning.) But i'm sure I can manage with enough google searching. Thanks for the answer.

6. Zombiez4596
    OP

Newcomer Zombiez4596 Member

United States
    can i give u pic on this problem looks like cuz i dont want to format anything
    this problem did not happen before i formatted to ntfs

7. Dr. Clipper

Australia
    No need for a pic. I already told you the problem. Cfg cannot write to NTFS drives.

You need to format it to FAT32, wait for us to release a version of Cfg that does support NTFS writing or find a different way to put your games onto the drive.