having major problems

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by AustinT2354, Feb 2, 2019.

1. AustinT2354
    OP

AustinT2354 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2015
    United States
    So I have a switch with sx os on it and on version 4.1 i believe. i cant update my sx os to a newer version. anytime I replace it, I cant boot. Also I cant play any game on my switch because it asks to be on a newer firmware. when i try to skip to just play the game, Just take me to the main menu. Any suggestions? and thank you!

2. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    Delete the downloaded update, you can find out how to do this via Google. Involves going into recovery.

3. Hugopugo

Hugopugo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2018
    Portugal
    Afaik the new sxos versions only work from 6.2+

So say if you are on v4.1 and trying to use sxos 5.3.2 (cant remember the latest version) it wont boot

4. AustinT2354
    OP

AustinT2354 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2015
    United States
    So what do I do?

5. Hugopugo

Hugopugo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2018
    Portugal
    Use a lower version to create an emunand (one that works on v4.1) then update the emunand to 6.2 and before booting put the new version of sxos... that will boot your emunand on 6.2 and keeping your stock 4.1 version

P.s update emunand with ChoiDujourNX, no need for auto rcm... but male sure you are indeed in emunand before updating

Last edited by Hugopugo, Feb 4, 2019
  6. AustinT2354
    OP

AustinT2354 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2015
    United States
    what are the steps on doing this? Sorry I just never done this before. and thank you for the help

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted