krepandus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Greetings, gbatemp.

After finally giving in and installing Atmosphere on my switch (which went flawlessly and I'm super happy with it!) I decided to install Android, too, since I'd really like to stream my PC games on the Switch.

Bought a new 32gb Toshiba SD and flashed it with Etcher. Issues started here, with Etcher giving me a "flash complete" but also an error message. I didn't have two drives shown as in all the tutorials, but when i checked the SD via Disk management tool I saw that it has two drives created, one of 2gb GPT and the other being RAW. After reinserting the card i could access the 2gb part, so I put the Gapps and shieldifier files, put it in the Switch and tried to give it a go. After booting Hekate i firstly got the message to check my bootloader folder and the "there will be dragons" message (I haven't my switch here atm, not at home), but I could boot into Hekate. Tapped other configs, switchroot was available so i tapped it while holding vol up, as noted. Then, a black screen. Held the vol up for like a minute, but nothing happened. I somehow turned off my switch (since I have AutoRCM on it was hard recognizing in which state I actually am, really was scared for a bit that I bricked it accidentally). I tried to flash the SD with rufus too, same issue. Is the problem with my SD card, or am I not holding the vol up long enough to boot into TWRP? I'd really like to avoid the black screen of what-the-f-is-happening.

Thanks in advance.

krepandus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So, I fixed my problem. Bought a new SD (Sandisk ones work flawlessly), also, as I found out, Hekate 5.0.1. is preffered when launching Android, no black screen then. Hope it helps you too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill