Having frame drops/lag in PPSSPP

Tigran

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play PPSSPP and so far I get really weird spots of lags and framedrops in the games I've been trying so far "Castlevania, Digimon and Star Ocean"

They seem to be random framedrops or lag. My computer should be more than powerful enough to run everything maxed.. but it's acting odd.

If there is a way to make a log I'd be happy too.

I can even try to get recordings if it helps, but I'm hoping it's just something I haven't found yet.

But my PC specs.
CPU = I7 7820HK
Ram = 32gigs DDR4
OS = Windows 10

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you update to the latest version? 1.5 now has full support for vulkan api and may improve the gameplay, also pretty beefy pc :P

Is also good to mess around with the settings a bit to see if you can improve it some.

Tigran

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... I just can't figure it out. I'll probably try to get few recordings to show what's going on. I don't know if maybe it's some other application on my PC is interfering or what.. but I would -like- to figure it out.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... I just can't figure it out. I'll probably try to get few recordings to show what's going on. I don't know if maybe it's some other application on my PC is interfering or what.. but I would -like- to figure it out.
Do you run it with the video card or without it? Maybe try changing that to see.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a laptop. Not sure it would be possible to run it without the graphics card.
If you right click the program, there should be a option to select which GPU to use the application with, or if your included GPU has a management tool, you can select which apps that uses integrated graphics or GPU by default.

Tigran

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I checked, I don't have an integrated graphics card. :D. So I'll have to record some video of the issues later.

Attachments

• graphics ppsspp.jpg
    graphics ppsspp.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 321

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz