Homebrew have nintedo given up

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
It's funny, Nintendo are known to be assholes able to do this, but it's a fact that they wouldn't, even if they can. Hell, they actually CAN, but what they ACTUALLY win with it? People with homebrew installed buy software too, a console bricked knowingly is about 10 clients lost, and it's a completely anti-consumer practice.

Nintendo can be arrogant sometimes, but not Sony/MS levels of arrogant.
heh, since i have hax on my console i never purchased a game again >:D

Reactions: eldavo2090

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I just have to say N is playing the waiting game. But the waiting game can be a 2 player game.
Sadly for N, a company, the time goes against their benefits.
We just have to keep some secrets until N has no time or no resources to properly answer without risking and that will be it.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i don't think the wii u has good enough specs to emulate the wii though so thats why its just a more power ful wii with hdmi running a newer firmware
"Hardware Emulation", not "Emulation". Oh well, that looks like some wasted breath, I'm out.

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Change "arm9loaderhax.bin" to anything else -> done.
Seriously speaking, are there some valid patches that could be applied to prevent A9LH from working? Is it really 100% patchproof?

Thaulos

Trophies
XP
Country
Two months?! The least I can say is that you're a pretty optimistic guy! :DIf we consider a console hacked only when there is a method available to users to play backup rom or isos, not a simple "Hello World" low quality vid on Youtube, then we should be in for a long wait.

3DS released on march 2011, Gateway released on summer 2013

WiiU released on november 2012, Loadiine released around september 2015

And WiiU is still not fully hacked, everyone is waiting for the ever elusive IOSU.

Lol i know i am, i am just saying how long does it take to find a exploits which is why i said it will take longer to utilize the exploit safely. I do know homebrews takes a long time to design since it has to be stable to run anything on it

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely not. Nintendo always fights till the very end of their consoles life (well, maybe except the Wii :P ).

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Change "arm9loaderhax.bin" to anything else -> done.
Seriously speaking, are there some valid patches that could be applied to prevent A9LH from working? Is it really 100% patchproof?
It isn"t totally because you mess with the System Nand that a difference can cause problems. But Nintendo most probably isn"t going to brick intentionally the users that use Arm9LoaderHax as said before.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Definitely not. Nintendo always fights till the very end of their consoles life (well, maybe except the Wii :P ).
But what if the 3DS was the new Wii? tbh there's not really much to do now. We already have a (unpatchable?) user-friendly-to-install boot exploit, and the system is getting its last games before the NX. My guess is that they'll release an update blocking all the current exploit on both the Wii U (before BoTW) and the 3DS (just before Sun/Moon) and drop support for these consoles to focus on the NX.

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically Nintendo Can do all they want to stop hacks, but A: it will fuel more attempts to Unlock and Homebrew the systems (Sorry it's true Hackers/Modders LOVE a challenge well most) B: it's just gonna effect only those whom are not homebrewed, Not the ones already set ..
you know how easy it is for a person with money to go out and buy a old 2DS and mod it (the modding is hard yes but getting a lower firmware is freaking easy just find a lower yeared device, I believe my friend got a 2012 maybe 2013 forgot exactly ) C: Most likely they are gonna slowly give up as NX comes closer there gonna let it go just like the Wii .. Focus on patching the NX and most likely are taking notes XD ..Still a specific Game Cart can mod / Hack any system any version So all in all Nintendo has lost the carts that can be used in hacks are all over the place all they can do is take down the digital ones XD ...

Last edited by AshleyCummings, , Reason: Grammer forgot stuff @.@

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I foresee additional stability in the future. My guess is that they will release at least one more update before killing off the 3ds and Wii U to try to patch up current exploits before dropping support and moving on to the NX

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While patching stock systems is trivial, patching pwned stuff is harder. Menuhax and EmuNAND is theoretically doable if you can get the kernel to realise what's going on, but if you're actively trying to break arm9loaderhax on a CFW that has good FIRM protection, you might as well be running unsigned code in a stock system. And who would go looking for a unified exploit in Luma, ShadowNAND, Salt, and Corbernik that beats the FIRM protection without bricking anything? I somehow doubt that would ever happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1