Gaming Have I missed any classic games?

jweaver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I generally fall in and out of love with my DS.. I am pretty up to date with most games, but its been 3-4 months since I have downloaded anything new.

I keep an eye out on sites like IGN and GameSpy for good good games, but they rarely seem to review DS titles.

The last game that I got was Professor Layton as its right up my street.. But before (and since) that I have nothing.

I am going on holiday in a few weeks and wonder if I have missed any 'classics' which I could take with me.. To give you an idea, I like puzzles, brain games, etc over 'action' or 'arcade' style games.. But I specifically dislike RPGs and to some extent RTS games.

The last 2 games that I played lots was Professor Layton and Pic-cross so that gives you an idea of what I like.. Have I missed anything else note worthy that will give me something to do when I am away.

I have looked at the release list and highlighted anyhting which 'sounds' like it might be OK.. But I just wondered if someone has any outright recommendations.

Jon

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think you missed anything from dr. layton on. Maybe you'd like Neves, but it's rather dull.

However, let me recommend a game based on the ones you said you'd like: Honeycomb Beat. I think it's a mostly overlooked good puzzle game.

kwan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright jon to start off you should always try Ace attorney series *or phoenix wright* and apollo justice.
I would also recommand call of duty 4 and time aces for just quick fun. Hotel dusk room 215 would also be in your list. You can always try Final fantasy ring of fate as it's more action/advanture.
hope this helps.

D

Deleted User

kwan said:
Alright jon to start off you should always try Ace attorney series *or phoenix wright* and apollo justice.
I would also recommand call of duty 4 and time aces for just quick fun. Hotel dusk room 215 would also be in your list. You can always try Final fantasy ring of fate as it's more action/advanture.
hope this helps.
QFT =D

jweaver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kwan said:
hope this helps.

Ahh.. I think that mentioning Professor Layton has confused you.. Its not the 'story' that I like, its just the puzzles. The adventry/story part was beyond dull. I just kept hitting the screen to get past all the dialogue.

Even though I said I hate RPG and RTS games, more than any of these are these 'adventure/story' type games!

I think that Ace Attorney, Pheonix Wright and Hotel Dusk are all these kind of cames are utimately they are not what I am looking for at all.

My fault.. I should have clarified what I ment...

Ideally, games like Tetris, Picross, Solitair are the only sort of games I play.

I guess I should also ask whether there are any big releases coming? I am not actually going away for 5 weeks, so are there any HUGE releases coming in that time? Ideally, what would be nice would be a WarioWare type game, but I am not expecting it!

Cheers

Jon

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possibly check out Meteos, Planet Puzzle League, and Puzzle Quest. All are puzzle games, Puzzle Quest adds RPG to the Bejeweled gameplay (odddd sounding i know, but it works).

I mean, they're all older, but they may fill your void
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

jweaver said:
I think that Ace Attorney, Pheonix Wright and Hotel Dusk are all these kind of cames are utimately they are not what I am looking for at all.
That truly is what I thought before I played Ace Attorney lol... but look at me now, biggest fan of the series =D
I thought "URGH! A text-based lawyer-em-up? WTF"
And then I learned that Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney is a really unique game...

Of course, you might've already played it
unsure.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm into similar kinds of games so I'll second Prism, it kept my sister quiet for hours
smile.gif

And Polarium, always forget that one but if the DS version's like the GBA one then it's worth a try.

Atm I keep coming back to The Sun Crossword Challenge, the difficulty is a little hit and miss but I'm crap at crosswords and managing to survive it.
smile.gif

Pie_Master178

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Geometry Wars:Galaxies is a decent shooter you should look into it(if you haven't already) also if you like puzzles you can try out 7 Wonders of the Ancient World(again,if you haven't already).

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been mentioned before by several people in this forum, buting knowing your tastes, here are the 5 games you need to get:

1. Planet Puzzle League (the best, most addictive tetris-like puzzle game out there)
2. Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (Also a great puzzle game, but with a great story in the same spirit as Dr Layton)
3. Meteos (creative puzzle game that takes the teris-like puzzle game mold and expounds upon it)
4. Prism: Light (most unique puzzle solving game there is. It's really unlike anything available, and totally fun)
5. Pogo Island (little-known game filled with different types of word puzzles, riddles, anagrams, matchstick puzzles, etc.)

You will love all 5 of these

recall2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dearodie said:
Try pic pic ... can become VERY addictive
I second that - I only just found this one myself. 400 levels on each of the 3 game types, and damn some are hard. I love Picross etc. as well, so you should love this one as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: it was like