Hacking Have a question about instaling rxtools...

Umairbt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hi so i wana install rxtools on my 3ds and my question is that u need to connect to the internet and use the browser to use the hack but wont the 3ds start downloading system update automatically when u connect to the internet?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Umairbt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
hi so i installed rxtools and its working fine but i am trying to get mset exploit to work...have installed the mset exploit with ds flashcard and when i run it with nintendo ds profile it boots in rxtools but freezes on rx menu...plz someone help me driving me crazy..

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi so i installed rxtools and its working fine but i am trying to get mset exploit to work...have installed the mset exploit with ds flashcard and when i run it with nintendo ds profile it boots in rxtools but freezes on rx menu...plz someone help me driving me crazy..
did you downgrade mset? also themehax autoboot is the best way to boot rxtools
Launching rxTools at Boot - Menuhax!
These steps will setup Menuhax, which we will configure to allow rxTools to boot the moment you turn on your 3DS/2DS! IMO this is the best way to launch rxTools.

Note:
You must be on 9.0 - 9.2 firmware. This means your sysnand has to be on or between 9.0 to 9.2 system version. To update to 9.0 or 9.2, scroll down to the section How to Update your 3DS/2DS to 9.0 or 9.2 and follow the instructions, then come back here.

Second note: This will only work with rxTools 3.0 nightly (from September onwards I think). No one has found a way for it to work with rxTools 2.6 and under.

1. Download the Homebrew Starter Pack and extract the contents to your SD card root.
  2. Download the Homebrew Launcher cia by yellows8 and place hblauncher_loader.cia on your SD card.
  3. Put the SD card back in your 3DS.
  4. Set a random theme on your 3DS, then change it back to the default theme.
  5. Launch rxmode SysNAND (Hold L when booting rxTools to access it)
  6. Open BigBlueMenu (or any other CIA installer)
  7. Install hblauncher_loader.cia
  8. Exit to the HOME menu; there will be a new gift. It is the Homebrew Launcher cia.
  9. Launch the Homebrew Launcher via the Homebrew Launcher cia you just installed in SysNAND.
  10. Once in the homebrew menu, run the menuhax_manager v2.1 installer and install menuhax.
    • (At this point, I also set a custom button setup so that it loads sysnand only when I hold R. This is Type 2 in the config menu.)
  11. After all that, test if menuhax boots you into the homebrew menu at cold boot. Just turn off your 3DS and turn it back on. Be sure to hold a button (or not), depending on what config you chose. The default is to hold L during boot. In my example above, I don't have to hold anything to launch menuhax, but if I hold R, then menuhax won't launch.
  12. Now to set it to boot rxTools instead, download the latest CTRBootManager. Extract the zip and rename the boot.3dsx that is in the download to ctrb.3dsx. Then place the ctrb.3dsx and boot.cfg from the CTRBootManager download onto your SD card root.
  13. On your SD card, look for the file which name starts with "ropbinpayload". Open it with HxD or Notepad++. Maybe plain old Notepad will work too.
  14. Press CTRL+F and search for boot.3dsx. There will be two results.
  15. Change both to ctrb.3dsx and save the file.
  16. Open up boot.cfg with notepad and change boot_hb.3dsx to boot.3dsx and save the file.
  17. OPTIONAL: Open up boot.cfg with notepad and change this:
to this:

Now save the boot.cfg, eject your SD, and put it in your 3DS

When you turn on your 3DS, you should see the red screen, followed by the rxTools splash screen. If you chose a custom button setup in the Menuhax installer, keep that in mind. By default, you must hold L when booting to let Menuhax run at boot-up. In my case, I chose TYPE 2, and selected the button R. This means that Menuhax will always run at boot unless I hold R (which would bring me to sysnand instead of rxTools).

Umairbt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
my sysnand is already at 4.5.0 so havent downgraded just installed the rxinstaller.nds with flashcard....
my sysnand..4.5.0
my emunand..10.3.0

Umairbt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
so i should delete the previous rxtools files from the sd card and just copy the new rxtools file to my sd card?.....
can u plz post the download link to the rxtools version u r using plz thanks...

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs