Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Blakcsock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Don't do it if you don't know how to solder, you may end up worse than you already are. The NAND backup will get your 3ds back to the state it used to be when you did the backup, which means you'll lose some stuff but not all.

Keep in mind that if the backup you have is from emunand and it's at 11.2 YOU'LL HAVE AN UNMODDED CONSOLE, and will be exactly at the same place recovery mode would take you.
As long as the backup is 10.3 or below, you're golden. With the advantage of being in 9.2 being that you don't need to downgrade if you restore to that version, whereas in 10.4 or below you'd still have to downgrade to get your stuff back.
thanks i have some experience with soldering and right now i think it's the only way out, my nand backup it's 10.3 so it might work out

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
thanks i have some experience with soldering and right now i think it's the only way out, my nand backup it's 10.3 so it might work out

Google for a tutorial before doing anything, there should be a couple around the temp but i'm not sure.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/

is the one hyperlinked by plailect's guide.

Once you do that, and checked that in fact your 3ds has come back to life, follow this: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/
and click get started. it's as easy as it can get. I've done 4 consoles and not a single drawback now.

Gyrobax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait so, can you get banned for playing online now?
(if you haven't during the leak but still have a leaked copy)

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
wait so, can you get banned for playing online now?
(if you haven't during the leak but still have a leaked copy)

nobody knows for sure, but so far most people seem to think that the ones that got banned after release got flagged somehow before the release and just happened to be gotten through later.
I have a leaked copy still, and haven't plugged it online (Sun v0, not lurantis), because the v32 is only on freeshop and nobody has dumped it as a .cia.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Uh, WRONG!
You must not know how CIAs work. Go LURK MOAR.
Stop posting mis-information.
If this was true, then EVER PERSON that EVER WENT TO THAT ISO SITE or used FREESHOP would be BANNED right now for ANY GAME. Not just Pokemon.

The way pirated games are detected online is usually because with flashcards, it uses the cartridge header.
When you use CIAs and play online, it uses the System's Header, which is INDISTINGUISHABLE from legitimate digital titles.

They can always check your purchases, like what they do for system transfers. Like I said, you gave them the reason to confirm that they are dealing with another idiot

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a Millennial. It's in our nature.
You are a perfect example of the most disgusting kind of pirate. At least most people here realize they took this risk the moment they installed CFW. You keep being mad and boycotting Nintendo or whatever, but trust me when I say they don't give a fuck about you or your money (assuming you even spend any). Pretty sure they made that clear when they banned you.

jaimejimegon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone knows if without NNID linked and without 002 ban it's posible to perform a system Transfer?? Also without changing the console id

Lokote2134

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering has anyone just recently installed a cia of pokemon moon or sun and have gotten ban? I want to know if I buy a new 3ds will i get ban again for installing pokemon moon cia

Last edited by Lokote2134,

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering has anyone just recently installed a cia of pokemon moon or sun and have gotten ban? I want to know if I buy a new 3ds will i get ban again for installing pokemon moon cia
If you're paranoid then play offline and anticipate another ban wave. The only people who have been banned are those who went online before street date which put a huge BAN ME sign over them.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

Delegacy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh dear god it worked, it worked!

Acraeus, I could pay you a beer right now.

I just unbanned myself from 002 using nothing but my own 3DS! This is incredible. And I suck at writing tutorials of any kind, so please don't count on me when it comes to that!
But basically

1. Inject an old NAND backup from when you were still installing a9lh (I did one before)
2. Use Decrypt9 to extract movable.sed from it

3. Use Decrypt 9 to extract movable.sed and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B from your current NAND that is banned
4. Use HxD (hex editor) to compare your old movable.sed with your LocalFriendCodeSeed_B, see how offsets 00000000/08 through 00000110/07 is the SAME!
5. Open up your NEW movable.sed with HxD and copy offsets 00000000/08 through 00000110/07
6. Open up LocalFriendCodeSeed_B with HxD and CTRL+A and then paste what you just copied
7. Save, inject to sysnand

This is how I did it, don't blame me if something goes wrong because I'm even worse at giving instructions than following them.

EDIT: Ignore strikethrough text, that is no needed and was just a part of me finding out HOW to do it, you don't need to do that.
Has any1 with a linked emunand done this? I want to know sysNand or emuNand is the one i need to extract and inject (or both?) im not too hopefull this is a temp ban

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I will CLARIFY to the PEOPLE who got BANNED with Pokemon Sun/Moon VERSION 0 of the .cia.

What if I download again Pokemon .cia, I will get banned?
Well, if you download the .cia from freeshop or installed it from isosite (the after 18th of November), then YOU ARE FINE. Inject the save and connect to everything! FREE!

I have version 0, I will get banned again?
I heard that .. you will not, but for SAFETY PRECAUTIONS, don't download the VERSION 0 AGAIN in your life.

I have the cartdrige, I will banned?
NO.

If I inject the version 0 save to the legal game, I will be banned?
NO, they will ignore that. I already linked my Game Sync.

Oh another thing, DON'T SYSTEM TRANSFER after the BAN, you will ban the other 3DS too. Even if you have a blank NNID.
The NNID will have forever a criminal record of 3DS having unauthorized S/M, if you log in that NNID to other consoles, you will be console banned too; although you can't log in because you WILL NEVER be ABLE to unlink your NNID SERVER-SIDE in another way around.

Last edited by KytuzuEX,

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You are a perfect example of the most disgusting kind of pirate. At least most people here realize they took this risk the moment they installed CFW. You keep being mad and boycotting Nintendo or whatever, but trust me when I say they don't give a fuck about you or your money (assuming you even spend any). Pretty sure they made that clear when they banned you.
Dude, chill.
I knew very well that I could get banned the moment I installed CFW.
The whole reason I made the millennial comment is because you called me entitled.
I just couldn't help but bait after that.
I'm YAR'd a game. How the f--k does that make me entitled!?
I actually like to go by the mantra: "You are entitled to nothing."

I was enraged at Nintendo's response being vague and flaky.
I'd be less mad if the outright came out and said "Uh, yeah, we looked on our servers, and your 3DS's info shows up on our servers as accessing the game online"

Last edited by DJ91990,
Reactions: KytuzuEX

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, chill.
I knew very well that I could get banned the moment I installed CFW.
The whole reason I made the millennial comment is because you called me entitled.
I just couldn't help but bait after that.
I'm YAR'd a game. How the f--k does that make me entitled!?
I actually like to go by the mantra: "You are entitled to nothing."

I was enraged at Nintendo's response being vague and flaky.
I'd be less mad if the outright came out and said "Uh, yeah, we looked on our servers, and your 3DS's info shows up on our servers as accessing the game online"
That was the first thing I said to you.... Someone else called you entitled. I do agree with him, though. That fact that you think Nintendo owes you an explanation after you STOLE FROM THEM makes you entitled. They don't owe you ANYTHING. If they really wanted to, they could easily file a criminal lawsuit against you. If your profile is correct and you really are 26, you should be beaten with an oar. How does someone your age think this way?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The bird is the word!