Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

TheVexedGerman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you transfer from the banned 3ds to a new 3ds, the new 3ds will get banned too... So, any 3ds with that NNID will be banned, but you can use that NNID fine on a WiiU. If you get another 3ds, just don't transfer the banned NNID to it.
So the NNID that is also banned after all, not just the 3DS?
Because I still have my old 3DS lying around and if I recall correctly Nintendo does let you change which system the NNID is linked to if you call them. It wouldn't be a regular System Transfer, but this would mean that system would get banned simply by association, which seems kind of odd.

puppisama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So the NNID that is also banned after all, not just the 3DS?
Because I still have my old 3DS lying around and if I recall correctly Nintendo does let you change which system the NNID is linked to if you call them. It wouldn't be a regular System Transfer, but this would mean that system would get banned simply by association, which seems kind of odd.

Also, they won't let you transfer a banned NNID. People here already tried and failed.

TheVexedGerman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also, they won't let you transfer a banned NNID. People here already tried and failed.
Wait, so while I knew that System Transfers are blocked, Nintendo not switching the associated 3DS is news to me.
Although with your information it does seem that at the moment trying to get Nintendo to transfer the ID would be counterproductive.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But Nintendo can tell if you're playing cart or cia. Trust me, wait until it's on your eshop.

I play the v0 version so it's a cart. And if they can tell if we play a .cia with v0, then we'll all be banned (or near, except the few who used the eshop rip).

And so, then, waiting for the eshop release won't change anything if they can detect the difference.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play the v0 version so it's a cart. And if they can tell if we play a .cia with v0, then we'll all be banned (or near, except the few who used the eshop rip).

They will only think v0 is a cart if you're running it with gateway with a private header - otherwise it will show your console specific code and it will be very obviously not a cart.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They will only think v0 is a cart if you're running it with gateway with a private header - otherwise it will show your console specific code and it will be very obviously not a cart.

It's was an example anyway. I don't really plan to go online (I already imported all my pokemons so don't need the GTS) as I only play local battle with my brother (don't like the fact you can't play 6v6 random online, only with friends, and friend code are a pain to add/get). I can just delete all the internet connections to prevent the 3DS to access internet and avoid the problem.

But Nintendo are really weird if the game is still not unlocked for those who pre-purchased it.

If people want to be safe, yeah, they can still wait a bit but most USA players used the online at midnight (November 18) and we didn't hear any ban since.

Last edited by davhuit,

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I double checked the notification I got a few days ago (everyone should have got it) on my 3DS and it says people who preordered will be able to play the 23 at midnight so I guess it might just be a matter of minutes before they unlock it.

And the previous notification says the preorder allow you to play at midnight on the release day.

So I suppose it's not legit and just based on the usual hour the eshop is updated on Thursday.

willprogresivo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I thought this was pretty much established already: what Nintendo can tell is if you're using a digital game or a physical cart. Cart dump/eshop/freeshop is a digital game. In their eyes these are all the same. The bans ocurred because no one was supposed to have the game, digital or cart. Those who had used carts had one kind of ban, those who had digital had another kind of ban. The ones using a cart were either reviewers breaking the rule ("don't go online until the 18th") or were sold the cart by retailers breaking street date. The ones with digital S/M were clearly PIRATES, because the game wasn't available from the eShop yet, so the only way for them to have it was ilegally.

Once the game has been released in your region, any .cia or cart is safe to go online.

puppisama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I thought this was pretty much established already: what Nintendo can tell is if you're using a digital game or a physical cart. Cart dump/eshop/freeshop is a digital game. In their eyes these are all the same. The bans ocurred because no one was supposed to have the game, digital or cart. Those who had used carts had one kind of ban, those who had digital had another kind of ban. The ones using a cart were either reviewers breaking the rule ("don't go online until the 18th") or were sold the cart by retailers breaking street date. The ones with digital S/M were clearly PIRATES, because the game wasn't available from the eShop yet, so the only way for them to have it was ilegally.

Once the game has been released in your region, any .cia or cart is safe to go online.

Actually... everyone got the same ban, 022-2x18 and 002-0102, Nitendo can tell who is using which, but to them both were illegal at the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?