Gaming Harvest Moon DS

• Thread starter scubersteve
  • Start date
  • Views 2,819
  • Replies 19
S

scubersteve

OP
Broke the 4th wall so many times, I think my eyeballs cracked a little.
I'm only 5 minutes in, so please correct me if I am complaining about something that is actually there.

WHY IS ZACK GONE?
HE WAS SO BAD-ASS!
EDIT:
OMFG THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MINERAL TOWN!

The lumber in this game is pissing me off.
However, the new backpack is badass.

pduin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I played till the bit where I decided not to save the mayor from the dog (honestly, that dude was being a jackass). I got very upset losing the game before it even started, and never touched it since (and prolly never will).

pduin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, if you don't save him, it's game over! Can you believe that!? What were the developers thinking?

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There was one Harvest Moon I played, don't remember which, where if you didn't get married by a certain time, you got a game over. It also happened to be the worst HM I'd ever play.

*Now that I think about it, it might of been A Wonderful Life (GCN)...

Mnshredder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have only played the n64 version and i loved that game. I have yet to get into any other ones yet. My lil bros played the one on GC but they still love n64 better. IF anyone has played the HM on NDS and N64, let me know if its worth it or not.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Friends of Mineral Town was by far the best, because you could force the elves to do all your work all the time as long as you gave them bread, which let you go and concentrate on the other aspects of the game.

Sendoh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Harvest Moon DS wasn't too bad if you ignored the glitches and such. After awhile it got boring though, didn't last as long as Friends of Mineral Town did for me. It still lasted a few days for me though. (Including one whole night of playing through till morning)

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Friends of Mineral Town was by far the best, because you could force the elves to do all your work all the time as long as you gave them bread, which let you go and concentrate on the other aspects of the game.
This. The GBA game is the absolute best in the series. I couldn't recommend this enough.
smile.gif
Or the PSX game that it was based off of, Back to Nature.

FranckKnight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There was a weird game over in the girl version of Friends of Mineral Town (GBA).

At the beginning, she looks at ads to buy a farm, and when she comes there it's so rundown that it's discouraging. The Mayor comes along and starts laughing about her misfortune so you get to whack him a few times with random tools for good measure.

Then he asks you if you still would take a shot at it since you're here and all. Answering no, Game Over.

S

scubersteve

OP
I actually got through 50 years in FoMT.
But this game just pisses me off.
I guess it's time for me to play Rune Factory.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I didn't like the GBA game that much, or the Playstation ones.... or the DS ones.

For me the best are the N64 version and the (original?) SNES version.

Seriously, that SNES one was GODLY.

FranckKnight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The SNES one was good, but had other issues, and alot of stuff added only later. But for the first game of the series, it was truly awesome.

Most people consider the N64 version to be the best. The PSX version was based majorly off the N64 version, so it's similar in many aspects. And then the GBA is pretty much a port of the PSX version. They are pretty much all set in Mineral Town and have the same bachelors to marry, down to certain of their cutscenes or habits of being in certain areas at certain times.

Personally I found the GBA one to be of the best 'pure' HMs. The NDS was indeed riddled with bugs, and even without the bugs while some of the ideas were interesting, it just seemed like it derailed from the original formula a tad too much.

I did enjoy Magical Melody though, it brought some different ideas that were well done.

Rune Factory is much more of a spinoff than an actual Harvest Moon, but it's very fun for those that like both action-style RPGs and simulation/caretaking like usual Harvest Moon have.

Now I'm waiting to see how that 'online Harvest Moon' will be played.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I played till the bit where I decided not to save the mayor from the dog (honestly, that dude was being a jackass). I got very upset losing the game before it even started, and never touched it since (and prolly never will).

OMG, you did exactly what I did lol. Why can't you just go through the game with a mauled mayor I ask you? It's one weird opening sequence too.

Isn't there something coming out next month called Harvest Moon Cute? What is it, I haven't seen any info on it at all? And Rune Factory was pretty cool, but there's not enough time in each day to go adventure AND maintain a farm while making a profit.

And the best Harvest Moon was the GBA one definitely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.