Hacking Hardcore problem.

Xeoset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With my 4.2E Wii I have had since launch, I decided it was finally time to move on from my original WiiKey and get back into some Wii games.

I made the mistake of updating first, without reading any guides. I have been following this since then.

Anyway, I got to the point where I had to install PreLoader, which went along fine. Problem is I have a corrupt system. Nonetheless I carried on and tried to install the cIOS given in the guide, but my Wii cannot connect to an internet network anymore, which I'm pretty sure is due to the system corruption.

After plenty of google time, I stumbled upon this which seems to be the same problem.

I have followed the guide at the bottom of the thread and tried to install IOS70, using the wad, with WAD Manager 1.5. Now, I am stuck because it won't actually let me install this wad =/.

Pretty much in a FML situation here. Help, please?
smile.gif

EDIT: Right. WAD Manager installed IOS70. I'm going to check the damage. Still, a helping hand would be nice as a lot of things are going wrong at this point.

EDIT 2: IOS70 has been dopped, I assume this gets rid of PreLoader and I should now use PriiLoader?

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
First of all I would be sure that bootmii is installed in boot2 and that you've got a valid backup of your system.

Xeoset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Following the guide and talking to a friend I installed bootmii to both the IOS and boot2. I have a NAND and Key stored.

I think I need to obtain the system menu 4.2E, but I'm not sure how.

Xeoset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
you can solve your problem by installing Priiloader rev32, the link is in my thread here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=195326

unlike preloader, priiloader does not require a patched system menu IOS. So installing priiloader will fix u right up

So I won't have to worry about my messed up systems menu anymore?

I'm currently reading the thread you linked, thanks.

The sticky guides up top could do with a few updates. It seems recently there have been a few more releases that fix more problems and such.

Xeoset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It worked.

Surprisingly done as well and I can safely say that PriiLoader is miles ahead of PreLoader.

Cheers guys, took 20 minutes to resolve something I've been stuck on for two hours
biggrin.gif

Xeoset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
u may still want to trucha patch your system menu IOS as that will allow you to play Pirated wiiware and virtual console games (ooooh, did i just say the P word? lol)

I have already Trucha'd but I still can't get NeoGamma (ALL versions) and SoftChip to work.

I have the boot.dol's in appropriate folders in the app section and I've tried to install the wads, but it is just not happening.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
what rev of cios249 do u have installed?

let me guess, rev 15? revert to cios 249 rev14 and that should fix u.

also, it sounds like ur using disk loading.... have u looked into (or heard of) usb loading? its the way of the future man, I recommend either CFG Loader or GX loader

Xeoset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
what rev of cios249 do u have installed?

let me guess, rev 15? revert to cios 249 rev14 and that should fix u.

also, it sounds like ur using disk loading.... have u looked into (or heard of) usb loading? its the way of the future man, I recommend either CFG Loader or GX loader

Well I've finally got the NeoGamma R8 V15 BETA or whatever to install, but it just crashes on load (using Mario Galaxy...US, I think).

I was going to look into them next, but I have a few discs already that I want to get working.

I'm using cIOS38 rev14.

Xeoset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aha, nah, mine is a launch UK console. I have managed to get SoftChip working, but a working NeoGamma from the system menu would be nice.

Thanks for all your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning