Hard Drive Question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Fleeman, Nov 27, 2009.

Nov 27, 2009

Hard Drive Question by Fleeman at 8:26 AM (1,014 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Fleeman
    OP

Newcomer Fleeman Advanced Member

Canada
    Ok so i have been using an 8gb flash drive to play my wii games with the usb loader gx but I want to get a external hard drive because i always run out of space. I have been looking at an Ultra Speed 1.5 TB external for a pretty good price i'm just wondering if any one knows if it will be compatible.

Thanks

2. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    Do people just not know about the Wiki? Why can't we sticky "CHECK THE WIKI" at the top of this forum? Anyway, the USB Compatibility List: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...patibility_List

There's no entry for the Ultra Speed 1.5TB specifically, but there is one for the 500GB model and they should perform the same. Thus, this should be fine for use with your Wii.

3. damingraham

Member damingraham GBAtemp Regular

United States
    from what ive read 1.5tb is too much and would have to be partitioned off to around 500 anyhow

4. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    Most USB loaders can now handle 500GB+ partitions. If you're not sure though, 500GB is more than enough for all your games (probably holds 250-ish games).