Hard drive formatting question

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by duffmmann, Dec 7, 2013.

1. duffmmann
    OP

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Hello, just got myself a deal on a new Wii U deluxe, so I had to buy it, I'm loving the thing, and plan to hack the vWii mode shortly (after carefully reading what to do exactly so I don't brick it as I know its much more dangerous in the vWii than a regular Wii.

Anyway, I know you can use a hard drive with the Wii U officially, and I want to use the 1.5TB hard drive I'm already using for my regular Wii. Is there anyway to format the unused 500GB for the Wii U, while retaining the 1 TB of data for the hacked Wii? Will the Wii U be able to properly access both partitions depending on where I'm approaching from?

I know uStealth can be used to remove the request to format a hard drive, but is there a way to format part of the hard drive without losing the data already on it for the hacked vWii?

Much thanks for any help!

2. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 27, 2008
    I'm gonna go with "no" on this. If you use UStealth, the Wii U mode won't see the HDD at all.

If you don't use UStealth and are having Wii homebrew stuff on the HDD, the Wii U mode will most likely format it all if you let it.

Then again - try with a empty HDD. It's not like you'll lose anything except some time.

3. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    No way to partition for WiiU . Sadly.