Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Just wanted to show how proud I am of Singapore. So basically, today is 9th of August and it's Singapore's birthday!

So, I'm watching the National Day Parade now. The venue is really grand and filled with people wearing red and white. It's times like these that make me feel Singapore is actually connected, despite people that seemed happy-go-lucky and couldn't care less about national events normally.

We've really come a long way since independence. Almost half a century ago, we were basically a tiny island with hardly any natural resources and any money, but now we are one of the richest and most developed countries in Asia and in the world, we have one of the busiest sea ports and one of the busiest airports, and also an incredible transport network. We also have a great education standard, a high tech military arsenal and a well trained and efficient army.

This wouldn't have been possible if not for our pioneers and our first Prime Minister, Lee Kwan Yew, who is still in power as Minister Mentor today. As much as I whine about his "dictatorship", I can't deny he has done a lot for Singapore. I am grateful to him for giving me this comfortable life, I am grateful I was born in Singapore. I am proud to be Singaporean.

On another note: The TV station is gonna broadcast Ip Man after the parade. Awesome.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
All I can hear in my head is Jack Sparrow saying 'clearly youve never been to Singapore'. Happens whenever the place is mentioned. Stupid movies ruining my mind...

But happy birthday all the same.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not that proud of what's happening in the Philippines right now. But gotta be content in my nationality then.

Happy Independence day of SIngapore!
biggrin.gif

----
Our's was just last June 12, 1898
tongue.gif

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Blaze163 said:
All I can hear in my head is Jack Sparrow saying 'clearly youve never been to Singapore'. Happens whenever the place is mentioned. Stupid movies ruining my mind...

Ah yes, i remember that. Though in At World's End, PotC got a little messed up and showed Singapore as a place full of Chinese when the natives were actually Malays.
laugh.gif

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
It's singapore birthday? No wonder i am not in the army, still, i wonder has much changed since yesterday and today and tomorrow?

To be honest, i don't get the whole deal with national birthdays, what do we need of them, heck if no1 reminds us, we probably would have forgotten about it just like our birthdays.

Anyway, we still don't have any natural resources but hey, at least we are on route to be free from being dependant on water from malaysia, i wonder when that day arrive, what's gonna happened? Will malaysia kpkb and whack us? will poor guys like me be forced to fight a war?

Off topic though: I WANT NDP TICKETS ARGHHH, when will i be able to get them, since pri 5 till now, still so suay to be unable to get them, arghhh

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
mrfatso said:
Off topic though: I WANT NDP TICKETS ARGHHH, when will i be able to get them, since pri 5 till now, still so suay to be unable to get them, arghhh

Hey fatso, good to see you! Were you in the parade? Or was that only for full time soldiers? Though I thought this year's celebration was terrible. Worst I've ever seen, the only redemption is the cool arsenal display. And this year's theme song's chorus sounds like a rip-off of some song, I remember hearing it before.

And you know, my sis got tickets for the rehearsal
tongue.gif

And yes, patriotism is good. IMO, you have to have a reason to be ashamed of your country, but no need for a reason to be proud of it.
biggrin.gif

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
at home watching tv haha as usual
frown.gif
Anyway, i think those are for those who are in units related to them only.

As an infantry, like hell i have a reason to be there haha, well, 3 more weeks to be out of bmtc, and 4 week including bmtc to know what unit will i be in, i hope i am in the clerk unit
smile.gif

As for me, patriotism will never be in my blood
smile.gif
After all, i am just grateful that i am able to live in a peaceful country and that's it.

Anyway, dom, u sure u don't have any questions to ask me about NS??
smile.gif

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Haha, I'm glad there are actually people who want to come here. Singapore is small but has all the facilities and places you need for entertainment, so don't hesitate to come here. Though I would say our customer service isn't really that good, but they seem to have a different attitude towards tourists with $$$$. So if you do come here, remember to spend more.
wink.gif

JetKun said:
don't eat any gum. That's all the advice I can give.

Eating gum isn't a big offence and you can get off with a fine. And hardly anybody cares anyways, many people I know go to Malaysia and bring back gum and they share it with everyone. You just have to make sure you dispose of it properly. No, I am not encouraging law exploiting, just explaining it.

A better advice would be to not bring narcotics in. It's a death sentence and they are very tight in their regulations.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

^my chosen song for this.

While countries/borders are meaning less and less to me these days self governance is good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh