Hans Yellow Screen

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Funky.Art, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Funky.Art
    OP

Funky.Art Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2015
    France
    I'm creating this thread because i need help ! I have a New 3DS, and i installed Reinand, the last version, in 11.0E. But now, i can't use anymore Hans, on any game... I tried to use it from CtrBootManager, HB launcher in cia from the emunand, but Hans is always stucking at the yellow screen, no matter the game i launch...
    Please help me ! D:

2. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    what are you trying to use HANS for? (changing Region/Language/etc)

3. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat vegtebales

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    I guess you could try reinstalling HANS or reinstalling freakyhax (or whatever *hax you're using). I know HANS yellow screens with some games no matter what.

4. Funky.Art
    OP

Funky.Art Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2015
    France
    I try to use it for Fire Emblem Fates undub ! D:
    I use the homebrew launcher cia in emunand, and i tried reinstalling hans from the starter pack, but i don't see any difference, it is not working ! D:

5. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    you might of Packed the patched romfs wrong or you might not be telling Hans where to load it or you placed the .romfs in the wrong folder.

6. Funky.Art
    OP

Funky.Art Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2015
    France
    I used the same pack as before on my another new 3ds xl, it is Hans is this Reinand that has a problem, i don't understand ! D:

7. Ricken

Ricken We'll Carry On

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    The simplest way out of this would be to backup your Fates save data then get an undubbed .cia from that Iso site...HANS can be a bit of a pain with CFWs, but I've never really looked into why

8. Funky.Art
    OP

Funky.Art Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2015
    France
    I can do it, but i would really love to use my Cartridge... Before it worked, on my older New 3DS in Reinand, now it doesn't...

9. Funky.Art
    OP

Funky.Art Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2015
    France
    Is there a way to create a ntr plugin instead of using Hans ? I saw that there is a way to create a plugin for ntr from the romfs file instead of using Hans, do you know a good tutorial ? :D

10. Metalchilla

Metalchilla Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    how the heck did you get reinand on 11.0?

11. Funky.Art
    OP

Funky.Art Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2015
    France
    I just update from the system setting, why ?

12. Metalchilla

Metalchilla Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    do you have a9lh?

13. Funky.Art
    OP

Funky.Art Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2015
    France
    No i don't, why ?

14. imthe666st

imthe666st Felyne Hunter

Aug 16, 2015
    Germany
    ><HFB>
    He has an emuNAND with 11.0 ReiNAND - not sysNAND

15. Funky.Art
    OP

Funky.Art Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2015
    France
    Yes, i have my emunand in Reinand 11.0, there is a problem of Hans with it ? I don't understand, because on my older New 3DS, with the exact same setup, i could use hans without problems..

16. imthe666st

imthe666st Felyne Hunter

Aug 16, 2015
    Germany
    ><HFB>
    I wouldn't suggest you use HANS on emuNAND. You should create a custom cia for romhacks on cfw. It's way easier. Another option would be an LayeredFS NTR plugin.

17. Funky.Art
    OP

Funky.Art Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2015
    France
    Do you know if there is a LayeredFD NTR Plugin for undub Fire EMblem Fates Special Edition, the European one ? I 've made the hans patch myself, but i don't know how to do a NTR plugin... And NTR CFW on Reinand is crashing a lot, so it is not perfect...

18. imthe666st

imthe666st Felyne Hunter

Aug 16, 2015
    Germany
    ><HFB>
    A LayeredFS plugin just redirects the files that the game opens from the romfs.
    All you'd have to do would be extracting the exefs from your basegame to create the layeredFS plugin. Just take a quick google, there should be a topic here on gbatemp that should be able to help you.
    All you'd have to do would place the mod on your sd card instead of an entire romfs.

Just a quick rundown of what you'd have to do. If this sounds too complicated for you, I'd suggest you try a different method.
    You need DevkitPro and similar to build an layeredfs plugin if I recall correctly.
    • Decrypt your game cia with decrypt9
    • get the decrypted cia on your PC
    • extract the decrypted exefs
    • Place your exefs in a special folder
    • Run a bat file
    • copy the plugin to the plugin folder on your sd card
    • place your mod on your sd card in a folder you specified while creating the layeredfs plugin.

For the crashes, use version 3.2, not 3.3 or 3.4, as 3.2 is the most stable version.

19. Funky.Art
    OP

Funky.Art Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2015
    France
    This is really to complicated for me... I have decrypted my CXI file, and i have the undub files from the japanese version... I don't really understand what exefs file i need ! ^^' ( i'm a noob for this sort of things ! )

20. imthe666st

imthe666st Felyne Hunter

Aug 16, 2015
    Germany
    ><HFB>
    Exefs is basicly the games code that tells the 3ds how to run the game. If that method is too complicated I guess we better fix Hans then. Do you have the game as a legit copy or did you get it as a "backup"?