Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to gz zip games for the NES mini also ?

NES Mini can use 7zip, which is better compression than gzip.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I mean, his last post on Twitter was 10 hours ago, maybe he's asleep? So, there's literally no way of directly emailing, Skyping, nothing?

He gets bombarded by messages. Expect him to be more focused on getting hakchi2 done. He will let everyone know when it's done. I keep up on what he is doing with Hakchi2. His latest additions include safer kernel flashing and other fixes. He went to sleep an hour ago. He's made great progress over the last few days.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange so using custom folders on snes using modified hakchi from earlier works BUT C8 error on loading folder, turning console off then on loads at the folder you chose

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES Mini can use 7zip, which is better compression than gzip.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

He gets bombarded by messages. Expect him to be more focused on getting hakchi2 done. He will let everyone know when it's done. I keep up on what he is doing with Hakchi2. His latest additions include safer kernel flashing and other fixes. He went to sleep an hour ago. He's made great progress over the last few days.

I'm not refuting that, I do appreciate the work he does, and what others have done thus far. I'm sure it's super close to being complete I would suspect. :P

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm catching up on some recent posts, I'm interested to know what issues have crept up with certain ROMs.

TMNT4 second player is not recognized ... I trust that's merely an issue related to the way it was added
Mega Man X2 - SNES ROM has graphical glitches but VC version runs fine?
Seiken Densetsu 3 - any issues?

Any issues with pre-patched ROMs? I've been playing de-censored versions of Super Ghouls n Ghosts and Super Castlevania 4. I also play fan-translated versions of FF4, FF5, FF6 and Chrono Trigger.

blueflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why hasn't anyone answered whether or not ROM headers need changing?
Seriously take your own advice WAIT and ShUT

For someone that comments on every post you dont seem to read many.

you do NOT need to manually edit header
Install python 3.6 and use sfc2sfrom.py

There even BAT file to convert all your roms in one go if you prefer.

Then either transfer using filezilla or the tweaked hakchi that has been provided.

Reactions: skel28

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
awww c'mon guys. one night offline and we have already 20+ new pages of spam. it's a mission impossible to find useful posts. only tons of chit chat here and billion times the same questions beginning like ' I don't know, if this was asked before, but .. bla bla...'
I agree, i'm am using the method everybody is using but i try not to post a single thing since it doesn't have anything to do with the post at hand. The pages are FULL of SPAM and moderators should start deleting posts since it is useless for people waiting for a proper release of hakchi2(snes) and have go through every single page of useless chitchat ''help me this, help me that blablabla''. It would be better to just make a whole new thread with the method everybody is using now instead of spamming this post

Last edited by kumikochan,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously take your own advice WAIT and ShUT

For someone that comments on every post you dont seem to read many.

you do NOT need to manually edit header
Install python 3.6 and use sfc2sfrom.py

There even BAT file to convert all your roms in one go if you prefer.

Then either transfer using filezilla or the tweaked hakchi that has been provided.

Well, considering I've converted my ROMs about four hours ago, *shrug*, this response was a bit late. I'm waiting for the official Haxchi release this week, and been following GitHub to see that he's been making good progress. The progress on here has been quite useful on here as well.

I've had the scripts and converted ROMs for a while. :P

Last edited by the_randomizer,

bardaxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you're on a *nix operating system (Linux, macOS, BSD, etc) you can use this shell script I wrote to make converting an entire folder of ROMs a piece of cake.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
find -name "* *.s?c" -type f | rename 's/ /_/g'
for f in *.s?c; do echo "\"./$f\"" && python3 sfc2sfrom.py ./$f ./${f%.s?c}.sfrom; done

Copy and save into a file called convert.sh and save it to the ROMs folder. The sfc2sfrom.py script also needs to be in this folder! You can execute it from the terminal by navigating to that folder and running:

Code:
chmod a+x convert.sh
convert.sh

EDIT: Save this as a Gist that can be viewed here (https://gist.github.com/therocco/b7eca0b4c1871c667345baf0f955e8f3). Hopefully this helps someone out. Enjoy!

I'm gonna try this later today!

Reactions: optikalsaint

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You just need to use Photoshop to make a gif of specific size, then fit your art into the canvas. Try using 228 x 160 pixels.
That was Downloader and Change from hakchi.
Which Hand Download and Insert it has the right shape?

Gesendet von meinem SD4930UR mit Tapatalk

blueflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, considering I've converted my ROMs about four hours ago, *shrug*, this response was a bit late. I'm waiting for the official Haxchi release this week, and been following GitHub to see that he's been making good progress. The progress on here has been quite useful on here as well.

I've had the scripts and converted ROMs for a while. :P

Well done, about time. Im based in UK so just woke up to find this thread yet again spammed by your goodself, hope you can now keep quiet so new information is easier to find.

Thank you for your co operation

Bhaal42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello people,

There's too many pages to read this morning (20 pages, you're monsters)
Any news from Clusterr?

I hope i can unbox my SNESCE this WE to play Axelay and CT

Reactions: kumikochan

Bhaal42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm with Kumiko-chan, there should be another Thread for Snes Mini
This thread was for Hakchi for Nes Mini, we're far for the original topic!

Reactions: kumikochan

Kasios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm with Kumiko-chan, there should be another Thread for Snes Mini
This thread was for Hakchi for Nes Mini, we're far for the original topic!

The nes and snes mini are the same console, with few differences, I think we are in the right forum, but if you bother, create a new forum specific, no problem.:teach:

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

Since the release of the SNES mini, i have started to read this topic again but damn, this used to be a nice topic without people attacking eachother.

I would like to install new games on my SNES mini, i got two of them, but i will wait. Right now i am enjoying my SNES mini, and the games that are installed on it, my kids enjoy it also, so why would i interfere with that, i have still a NES mini with tons of games, that we also enjoy...

Instead of attacking eachother here, just play some games...at least i will... :-D

Last edited by Mad-Mega,

Kasios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That was Downloader and Change from hakchi.
Which Hand Download and Insert it has the right shape?

Gesendet von meinem SD4930UR mit Tapatalk

Hi. I have created 10 folders with 10 games, with their photos, etc. I have taken as an example the two games that you have put in your console, catching the file.desktop and editing it with each games. I have opened the hackchi2 and I have selected the 10 games that I have put, I have transferred them to the console, but when I turn on the console in game mode I do not get any of the 10 new games, I only leave the officials, that I have been able to do badly ?.:unsure:

vebririon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Any one already tried to play mystic quest ?

I had it working but the sound is pretty weird

Every 4-5 seconds, sound drop and kill 1 second of the music loop

It doesn’t matter which music is played, the main title screen, the battle music, map music etcetc.

Is there a way to fix that ?

That’s THE game I wanted to add, but having that music bug makes me so sad :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: For you @Xdqwerty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF1sefvrN40 +2