Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

herm4n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Very cool. I'd add controllers to the missing consoles. Neo geo looks bland. Move logos around, for example N64. And add CPS 1 and 2 and Famicom.
can you share a n64 image with controller?
_N64.png N64.png

thank you all for the nice folder/system covers B-)

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Default cores are the ones that you see in "cores" folder of release.zip.
I obviously can't include a core that has a bug this serious as a main one.

Anyway, you still can use snes9x2010. Just don't use savestates.

Ah, but you put the snes9x2010 core in the extra cores folder?

Also, is it a problem to keep using snes9x2010 and only creating a few save states, or are you saying don't create any at all? My total memory is less than 150/300MB, so I'm not terribly worried about space.

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
@pcm720 Hi guy ! Thank you for your great job. Is it possible to switch side in FDS NES games without using retroarch menu ? Thank you very much. Rgs.

You have three options:
1. Remap the buttons in RetroArch menu, save remap file and forget about RetroArch menu.
2. Use Classic Controller. L to eject, R to switch sides (or the other way around)
3. Use kachikachi (Nintendo's emulator). If I'm not mistaken, it should switch the sides automatically when you press Start.

Is there a list of the command line options available?
Is the force fceumm command? --core fceumm?
I forced nestopia on something and ended up preferring the fceumm, but it won't stay on the other.

https://github.com/pcm720/retroarch-clover/blob/master/README.md

Ah, but you put the snes9x2010 core in the extra cores folder?
Also, is it a problem to keep using snes9x2010 and only creating a few save states, or are you saying don't create any at all? My total memory is less than 150/300MB, so I'm not terribly worried about space.
Not really. You can use savestates, just install use_snes9x2010.hmod. I forgot to put --ra-nosaves flag there, so savestates will work.

Last edited by pcm720,
Reactions: chillmodious

Salvo85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've installed gb, gba, tg16 and genesis roms without problems. Each console has a folder, games split equally (25 per subfolder).

I can't get to work snes roms, with .smc extension. I've snes9x2005 core (but no use_snes9x2005) and when a game is opened it instantly returns to the menu.
Is it a core problem? I had similar issue with genesis roms in .bin format, changed to .smd and worked.

(Overall used memory: 117mb/300mb)

Last edited by Salvo85,

rot86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
what cores does the 'common' bios of neogeo.zip work?
into: \user_mods\bios_images.hmod\etc\libretro\system

fbalpha2012_neogeo.hmod
fb_alpha.hmod
mame2003.hmod
----------------------------
-DOESN'T WORK-

rgs.

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
I've installed gb, gba, tg16 and genesis roms without problems. Each console has a folder, games split equally (25 per subfolder).
I can't get to work snes roms, with .smc extension. I've snes9x2005 core (but no use_snes9x2005) and when a game is opened it instantly returns to the menu.
Is it a core problem? I had similar issue with genesis roms in .bin format, changed to .smd and worked.

Just reinstall snes9x2005 from the latest release.

what cores does the 'common' bios of neogeo.zip work?
into: \user_mods\bios_images.hmod\etc\libretro\system

fbalpha2012_neogeo.hmod
fb_alpha.hmod
mame2003.hmod
----------------------------
-DOESN'T WORK-

rgs.

That's because neogeo.zip must be in the game's directory, read the README.md.

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. You can use savestates, just install use_snes9x2010.hmod. I forgot to put --ra-nosaves flag there, so savestates will work.

Thank you. I think I'm just going to stick with my current setup (0.4), unless you fixed some other important bugs in 0.4.1 that I don't know about. I want snes9x2010 as my default and since I'm a bit unclear on what to do with the use_snes9x2010.hmod, I think it makes sense to stay put for now.

rot86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
pcm720 said:

I'd already read the readme. Thanks.

But... Is there any way to make 'common' bios for all neogeo games? The question is to save memory space.

TruMisery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have read this and seem to still be struggling for whatever reason...

game folder means?

The individual game folder such as Windjammers the bios (neogeo.zip) needs to be in this folder? (hakchi2\games\CLV-Z-DULGN)
The neogeo.zip needs to be just in the games folder itself outside of any specific folder? (hakchi2\games)
The neogeo.zip files needs to be in the retroarch game folder? (hakchi2\games\CLV-Z-RARCH)

Or am I way off here? I have tried all of the above with core fbalpha2012_neogeo and fbalpha2012... or do I just have the wrong core doing the work?

Reactions: rot86

Kobe46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

game folder means?

The individual game folder such as Windjammers the bios (neogeo.zip) needs to be in this folder? (hakchi2\games\CLV-Z-DULGN)
The neogeo.zip needs to be just in the games folder itself outside of any specific folder? (hakchi2\games)
The neogeo.zip files needs to be in the retroarch game folder? (hakchi2\games\CLV-Z-RARCH)

Or am I way off here? I have tried all of the above with core fbalpha2012_neogeo and fbalpha2012... or do I just have the wrong core doing the work?

That is what is meant for placing it, each individual game folder that needs that bios would need it.

EleonoraYumizuru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

game folder means?

You have to put it in the individual game folder and you also have to change the command line argument of the game, replace zip with neo, like this
Code:
/bin/neo /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-Z-YYVWC/mslug.zip

Rob911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you @Cluster for 2.13e. It works perfectly for me, just synced all my games.

- 30x NES
- 45x SNES
- 4x N64
- 4x GB
- 3x Mega Drive
- Each System in own folder with artwork

It only consumes 125MB with .7z. Every game is playable.

Just wanted to point out your great work. I love this machine :)

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
I'd already read the readme. Thanks.
But... Is there any way to make 'common' bios for all neogeo games? The question is to save memory space.

No, the core looks for neogeo.zip in the ROM folder.
I guess we could put a symlink in the game folder pointing to /etc/libretro/system/neogeo.zip, but NTFS (obviously) doesn't support symbolic links.
I might have an idea on how to accomplish that, but it'll have to wait until I have more free time. I'm not even sure that symbolic links to neogeo.zip will work (they should, but who knows)

Last edited by pcm720,
Reactions: rot86

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

game folder means?

It needs to be in the individual games game folder. It also needs to stay zipped.

Clint13579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone notice a difference in quality between the 30 preloaded games and re-uploading those 30 games through hakchi?

Same quality or do the Nintendo versions have better quality?

I've switched out super c and can't tell a difference on that one.

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone notice a difference in quality between the 30 preloaded games and re-uploading those 30 games through hakchi?

Same quality or do the Nintendo versions have better quality?

I've switched out super c and can't tell a difference on that one.
There shouldn't be any difference because Nintendo used pirated ROMs for the stock games!

Reactions: Clint13579

VoodooRage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to do a big sync today. What is the current recommendations for number of games per folder for healthy game saves?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning