Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to see what hmods you have installed ? I had the snes custom filters installed before and it didn't do anything. I'm not sure if I uninstalled it or not.

Normally these would show up in retroarch as shaders, is that where you checked?

if you always use the same hakchi folders synchronizing the console with the program and then clicking uninstall special modules will list the ones installed...

I guess you can ftp your way to the hmods folder in the console. (not user where they end up though,)

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally these would show up in retroarch as shaders, is that where you checked?

if you always use the same hakchi folders synchronizing the console with the program and then clicking uninstall special modules will list the ones installed...

I guess you can ftp your way to the hmods folder in the console. (not user where they end up though,)
I've done that, but if it's in the folder, it shows up...no matter if it's installed or not.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
weird I have an instance of hakchi on my PC that only shows the installed hmods... or maybe it only had the hmods I wanted too... I'm sure it didn't though...

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. When you leave the SNES classic alone for a while, the demo mode starts up...like it did on the nes classic. But on the SNES classic, the demo mode stars...but does something weird. Mario will run along and then jump up and hit one of the games. The sound stops, while showing an outline of a box. I presume that this is where some sort of gameplay for the chosen game will show....but it doesn't. Is this for YOUR gameplay, or does it just not work with games that you add to the system..and only works with the 21 preinstalled games ?

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. When you leave the SNES classic alone for a while, the demo mode starts up...like it did on the nes classic. But on the SNES classic, the demo mode stars...but does something weird. Mario will run along and then jump up and hit one of the games. The sound stops, while showing an outline of a box. I presume that this is where some sort of gameplay for the chosen game will show....but it doesn't. Is this for YOUR gameplay, or does it just not work with games that you add to the system..and only works with the 21 preinstalled games ?

If you have a save state, it will use that as a replay, otherwise you'll get the effect you described.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a save state, it will use that as a replay, otherwise you'll get the effect you described.
Ah. I was thinking it was something like that. Just wanted to make sure.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So far, I'm loving the SNES Classic. The only thing that I'd change about it is I wish that it would have the fuzzy NTSC wobble. As well as something to make the games have slight curvature more like an old CRT. If that never happens, that's okay. I'm just happy being able to play all the games from when I was a kid.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE 1-14-18

RetroArch now has Video Support! Use the RetroArch ffmpeg Variant. Videos & Music can be played using the built-in media player:) Video shows proper setup for use with RetroArch. /bin/retroarch-ffmpeg if adding media as a Game. NEW Hakchi!!! This Official 1-14-18 Release has more optimal NESC USB-HOST Support/SD Card & NTFS Support (NTFS I will do tutorial on, as far as how to properly handle uninstalls and installs and such!), and new busybox. This is a truly incredible Update, and an incredulous amount of hours have gone into it! Personal thanks to madmonkey, DanTheMan827, skogaby, pcm720, xorloser, melthris, soulctcher, and cluster! Barely a few weeks into 2018, and such amazing goodness, already! Also, in this Update, latest 8bitdo firmwares (Thanks DR1001) & Lutro Games! RetroArch Borders Fixed:) Lastly, there are 3 MAME 2003 Variants! Games like Rogha, from recent Updates, will only work with 1-4-18 Variant, not the ffight Variant. NESC USB-HOST Tutorial and Video Support Prepping videos, here for your perusal:) Also, I am including some Vintage Video Game Commercials, to try out with this Update:) Have fun!!!

Vintage Video Game Commercial Test Videos:)

https://ufile.io/g6zgl

NESC USB-HOST Tutorial!

SNES Classic - RetroArch Video Support:)

And, of course, the Update!

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/tag/v2.5.10.28

santamanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
UPDATE 1-14-18

RetroArch now has Video Support! Use the RetroArch ffmpeg Variant. Videos & Music can be played using the built-in media player:) Video shows proper setup for use with RetroArch. /bin/retroarch-ffmpeg if adding media as a Game. NEW Hakchi!!! This Official 1-14-18 Release has more optimal NESC USB-HOST Support/SD Card & NTFS Support (NTFS I will do tutorial on, as far as how to properly handle uninstalls and installs and such!), and new busybox. This is a truly incredible Update, and an incredulous amount of hours have gone into it! Personal thanks to madmonkey, DanTheMan827, skogaby, pcm720, xorloser, melthris, soulctcher, and cluster! Barely a few weeks into 2018, and such amazing goodness, already! Also, in this Update, latest 8bitdo firmwares (Thanks DR1001) & Lutro Games! RetroArch Borders Fixed:) Lastly, there are 3 MAME 2003 Variants! Games like Rogha, from recent Updates, will only work with 1-4-18 Variant, not the ffight Variant. NESC USB-HOST Tutorial and Video Support Prepping videos, here for your perusal:) Also, I am including some Vintage Video Game Commercials, to try out with this Update:) Have fun!!!

NESC USB-HOST Tutorial!

Any information about frame rates and codecs possible?

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to run Castlevania X: Rondo of Blood on USB-HOST (in English)

It took me a while to figure out how to run Castlevania X: Rondo of Blood on USB-HOST since you have to patch the Japanese version. Here are the steps to patch
the Japanese version into English! I hope this helps someone.

1) Download Akumajou Dracula X - Chi no Rondo (Japan) from the internet (I can't link to the actual ROM)

2) Mount the .CUE file using daemon tools lite to drive G:

3) Downloaded the patch to convert the language (from Japanese to English) from here > https://www.romhacking.net/translations/846/

4) Open TurboRip.exe (from the download above) and I selected my drive G: from step 2 above, then hit ENTER. The .BIN files get converted to .WAV. I now have a newly created folder with BIN/WAV/CUE files.

5) Patch the ISO/CUE/WAV files using the patch program from step above.

6) Convert the ISO/CUE/WAV files from above to CHD using KMFDM's "chdman" utility > https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

7) Load the CHD in Hakchi2 and play the ROM. The titles show in English, with English level names, etc.

Last edited by LuckY07,

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
UPDATE 1-14-18

NESC USB-HOST Tutorial!

how good is the ntfs support?
like fat32 or ext4?

and there is a problem with the 14.1.18 usb host version for the micro sd mod!

this "We'll need to edit one script in the hakchi1 installation to make it so it treats the microSD card the same way it treats flash drives in USB host mode. Open up hakchi1/mod/hakchi/rootfs/etc/preinit.d/b0040_usb in your favorite text editor. Replace both occurrences of /dev/sda1 with /dev/mmcblk0p1. This makes hakchi mount the SD card instead of a USB device.
" can not make because in this file the /dev/sda1 doesnt exist any more.
ore are the usb and sd mod in hakchi at the same time?

Last edited by Liriel,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how good is the ntfs support?
like fat32 or ext4?

and there is a problem with the 14.1.18 usb host version for the micro sd mod!

this "We'll need to edit one script in the hakchi1 installation to make it so it treats the microSD card the same way it treats flash drives in USB host mode. Open up hakchi1/mod/hakchi/rootfs/etc/preinit.d/b0040_usb in your favorite text editor. Replace both occurrences of /dev/sda1 with /dev/mmcblk0p1. This makes hakchi mount the SD card instead of a USB device.
" can not make because in this file the /dev/sda1 doesnt exist any more.
ore are the usb and sd mod in hakchi at the same time?

Supposed to work right out of the box, so to speak. Let me know:) I can communicate if there are issues that need adjusted! As for NTFS, I wouldn't use it just yet, til I do a little tutorial about it. You may run into a conflict or two, otherwise. But, I will get one made up.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
strange i test it with
  • Unpack Kernel
  • Flash Kernel
  • Flash Uboot
  • Rebuild Kernel
  • Memboot
and with
  • Unpack Kernel
  • Flash Kernel
  • Rebuild Kernel
  • Memboot
testet but my sd card are not found.

what must i change?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
strange i test it with
  • Unpack Kernel
  • Flash Kernel
  • Flash Uboot
  • Rebuild Kernel
  • Memboot
and with
  • Unpack Kernel
  • Flash Kernel
  • Rebuild Kernel
  • Memboot
testet but my sd card are not found.

what must i change?

You try with keeping old uboot and the process as before?

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i dump the kernel new, and make a new folder with files.
same result
sd card dont work
ubs stick work

but i need the sd card because the cable is not my thing

Last edited by Liriel,

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
strange thing I just found. I tried playing the Williams Arcade Greatest Hits, but half of the games don't have any sound to them. They play, but there is just no sound. Any ideas ?

RIP-Felix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KMFDManic or anyone who may know, could you explain the linked version of hakchi2. I'm unclear on the purpose of the symbolic links. I'm having long waits to make any changes, because I have been deleting the contents of "hakchi/games/" and rebuilding the menu (which copy's around 63GB of Games to the SD card). Is this a way to avoid having to erase every game on the SD card every time I just want to add another game or adjust folders? Note, I use custom folders for many systems (>600 games). So dragging a new game onto the root Games folder is not an option.

The other issue I've noticed is that when you try to add a file over 2GB hakchi2 complains and won't let me. I ran into this issue with a few PS1 games. The .PBP format of FFVIII, Riven, and Fear Effect 2 are each over 2GB. I'm sure there are more, those are just the ones I ran into. With the new update allowing MP4 videos, I imagine this will become a real limitation as people (like me) try to add movies and TV shows, which regularly exceed the 2GB limit.

To bypass this for those 3 PS1 games, I created a folder, copied in the artwork I wanted hakchi to automatically use, and made a *.TXT file to masquerade as the ROM. Both artwork and doppelganger "ROM" need to have the same name for hakchi2 to use the artwork. The contents of the text file needs to be unique or hakchi2 will name the resulting game folder the same (CLV-Z-UCNCL for example). I just put the name of the game in the text file, that works well. Then I removed the extension *.TXT and replaced it with *.PBP (my preferred PS1 format, you could do BIN, MDF, ISO, or IMG to match yours). Then I dragged my fake *.PBP into hakchi2, making sure compression is disabled. Hakchi2 adds it, I change the command line as usual (bin/pcsx), made note of the folder name hakchi2 gave these fake games, and closed hakchi2 to save the changes. The last thing to do is copy the real games into the folders that hakchi2 made ("games_snes / CLV-Z-UCNCL / Final_Fantasy_VIII.PBP" for example) and rename the real game to match the name hakchi2 gave the fake one. You have replaced the doppelganger rom with the real one, having bypassed hakchi2's 2GB file size limitation. Don't forget to replace the fake rom, or obviously it won't load.

Can you imagine having to do that for each movie or TV episode over 2GB? There needs to be an update to remove this limit!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.