Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

darkxero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I added folders support and successfully uploaded 200+ games to NES Mini with images. Everything working fine including savestates.

Next version will be with full Famicom Mini support - original game selection, simulation for start on second controller, japanese font. But I have not any plans about translation because I have not Famicom Mini.

Thanks man, this will be a RETRO weekend!

diobrando19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I added folders support and successfully uploaded 200+ games to NES Mini with images. Everything working fine including savestates.

Next version will be with full Famicom Mini support - original game selection, simulation for start on second controller, japanese font. But I have not any plans about translation because I have not Famicom Mini.

Oh man that sounds amazing!! Thanks so much for that update. Also, looking forward to the folders support so that we can put in more games on our NES Mini. :D I do hope the community can crack the emulator or atleast have an update for it to be able to run those mappers that are currently unsupported. That would make the NES Mini perfect. :D Again, great work as always @Cluster !! :D

Chux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is incredible stuff.
Now I just need to figure out if I want to do folders by Alpha, or Genre lol.

wiiu more like pee u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, just little more fixes and tests...
I have two questions.
For those 200+ games do you get 4 save slots for each?

Can you please add a feature that automatically selects thumbnail images? It's really tedious having to do it for each individual game for about 80 of them.

Thanks .

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Do NES games have any sort of ID in the header or anything? The way modern game do?
There doesn't seem to be an accurate way to uniquely identify a game with accuracy.

I also agree that a cover collection would be a good addition to this, if anyone know how to 'download all' from thecoverproject, it would be a good start, it would be trivial to create/find a tool to auto-crop and resize the covers to fit the needs of hackhi. Hell, I even did some basic colour reduction (link) for ds coverflow, if that would help in any way.

Last edited by spinal_cord,

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Now Clusterrr will enable our Minis NES with REAL POWER. Thanks a lot man!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some random NES games playing on mini nes. Enjoy! And be prepared to use in your mini nes if you like.

Crystalis

Darkwing Duck

Destiny of an Emperor

Dig Dug II

Double Dribble

Dragon Warrior

Dragon Warrior II

Dragon Warrior III

Rgs.

projections

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Some random NES games playing on mini nes. Enjoy! And be prepared to use in your mini nes if you like.

Since you're doing these, would you mind shooting a video of how The Jungle Book (completely unpatched, USA) runs in this? I saw someone mention that the graphics aren't 100% right, like the colors are a bit off? I'd like some confirmation for this.

(I'm still waiting for my NES Mini, I think it should arrive this week)

baconcow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have 126 cover art that I gathered from Cover Project and a few other places (when none existed there), cropped and resized (so that the max height or width is 204 pixels, while retaining the original aspect ratio). Most are slightly off the 204x140 NES boxart size, but art close (around 204x150). This is due to the Cover Project using slightly wider (by ratio to height) cases than the NES case. The stretching is minor, but I would like to see hackhi2 allow for the aspect ratio of the input cover art to be kept (optionally). If anyone is interested in these resized covers, let me know. Saves gathering them all from Cover Project, separately.

Last edited by baconcow,

psygho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There is a hack (rom hacks) that you enable to play with just one controller. It uses A,B,START for all the actions.
Works great!

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
There is a hack (rom hacks) that you enable to play with just one controller. It uses A,B,START for all the actions.
Works great!
This is the best option with a Rob amiibo near the mini nes classic. ;)

Rgs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some games running on the nintendo mini classic

Dusty Diamond's All-Star Softball

Deja Vu

Fire 'N Ice

Galaxian

Guerrilla War

JAWS

Legacy of the Wizard

M.C. Kids

I hope that will help to know the NES catalogue also the Mini NES compatibility.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

Piklz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pixelpiklz.com
XP
Country
United States
good job with these vids (and others on here who have done them also) keep it up i cant capture so its very nice to see / remember the games that ,maybe, are worth putting on my list to sync! ps nesito could you make all these clips of nesmini playing games into a playlist on youtube so i can share the link of that playlist?

This is the best option with a Rob amiibo near the mini nes classic. ;)

Rgs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some games running on the nintendo mini classic

Dusty Diamond's All-Star Softball

Deja Vu

Fire 'N Ice

Galaxian

Guerrilla War

JAWS

Legacy of the Wizard

M.C. Kids

I hope that will help to know the NES catalogue also the Mini NES compatibility.

Rgs.

Last edited by Piklz,

Piklz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pixelpiklz.com
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Piklz,

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
so summery thus far for those catching up or not bothered to read many pages.. clusters (probable) future fun features...
  • game title font change (mario maker font would be nice)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods..
  • bg music /sounds customizable
  • bg/frondend theme potentially customizable also
  • also folder support meaning 200 + games useble at once!
  • autofire!

http://www.pixelpiklz....mini-classic-add-more-games-mod/
I don't recall half the things you are mentioning here being implemented in the new version. Folder support, yes. Also he mentioned the famicom mini will have better support in the new version. We will see, let's hope the other features are optional. I am quite happy with current layout and music in the current version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: