Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Cluster, Jan 7, 2017.

1. artemus3

artemus3 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2016
    France
    With Retroarch, yes for sure! Rgs.

LuCraftStudios likes this.
  2. Kumoashi

Kumoashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2016
    United States
    I'm hoping that the built-in emulator will be able to handle translations at least. I can run Retroarch on my PC, Phone, etc, so there isn't much point running on the SNESC. I want to use the built-in menu and options for games and I'm hoping the emulation might be better then Retroarch.

3. artemus3

artemus3 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2016
    France
    [QUOTE = "Kumoashi, poste: 7608526, membre: 385423"] J'espère que l'émulateur intégré sera capable de traiter au moins les traductions. Je peux exécuter Retroarch sur mon PC, téléphone, etc., donc il n'y a pas grand-chose sur le SNESC. Je veux utiliser le menu intégré et les options pour les jeux et j'espère que l'émulation pourrait être meilleure que Retroarch. [/ QUOTE]
    it is surely a good emulator, but retroarch is more complete.

4. Baggins

Baggins GBAtemp Regular

Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    Have you used Hackchi2 before? WIth the retroarch mod, with extra cores?

The way that they have used it on the NES MINI, the system still uses the built in menu, it just accesses the cores which you can specify for compatibility. Once you have specified the cores to use, then you can still use the save state menu from the Nintendo's interface as well... The only thing tha tmight be disabled is interlace mode depending on which core is used. When using a special core, if you load up the game you can also access extra features of the retroarch's menus from within the game.

Beyond that Cluster and others working on the system add new features to the current Nintendo interface like folders, but its overall the same menu structure.

So in other words the best of both worlds, you get Nintendo's great interface, you can activate retroarch's features were needed, and you get to use your classic SNES controllers.

5. Kumoashi

Kumoashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2016
    United States
    I was not fortunate enough to get a NESC, so, no I've never used Hakchi2. I'm hoping that I can get one when they come back in 2018. Until then, I hope to be able to use my SNESC in a similar way.

Baggins and LuCraftStudios like this.
  6. Cluster
    OP

Cluster GBAtemp Fan

Oct 2, 2005
    Serbia, Republic of
    Moscow Region, Electrostal
  7. Eggman85

Eggman85 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2016
  8. artemus3

artemus3 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2016
    France
  9. Zabhahs

Zabhahs Goron

Sep 20, 2015
    United States
    Seattle area
    Great work dude, I love your work! thanks for being the guy to figure this out for us idiots out there ;)

flinto, the_randomizer and ezi0n like this.
  10. Baggins

Baggins GBAtemp Regular

Jan 27, 2017
    United States

Well the good news is adding games or new cores will not destroy the main interface used in the system. The only thing it tends to mess with is Nintendo's own built in screen savers and 'demo' modes screen savers (because in 30 game system, it randomly chooses one of those 30 games to show a demo, or takes graphics from a game to display in the screen savers, Mario interacts with the screens). But if you have games in menus Mario can't find any of the games, or will keep repeating the only game he can find, if only one of those 30 games is inside of a menu. So it makes the randomizer useless...

But those feature are not entirely important.

I don't know the random sprite artwork screen saver might random still work but I'm not sure...

Last edited by Baggins, Oct 1, 2017
  11. Smashingblue

Smashingblue GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2002
    United States
  12. Marciii

Marciii Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2017
    Germany
    Cluster, thank you so much.
    Do you release it today?

13. jelmer

jelmer GBAtemp Fan

Jan 25, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Cool, does this mean we should be on the lookout for WiiU VC dumps instead or can we just convert “normal” SNES roms?

14. Baggins

Baggins GBAtemp Regular

Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    I hope not... that would really limit the number of games to add to the system... considering that most of the VCs are already on it...

It shouldn't be released until he finds a way to insert any SNES rom, just like the NES mini. Only use Retroarch cores for any buggy/incompatible roms.

the_randomizer likes this.
  15. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Awesome! ^_^ That's the injection I'm waiting for the most, and yeah? Keep up the good work :P

Agreed, as-is, the emulator's not too shabby, what with SuperFX/SuperFX-2 (GSU-1) emulation, most games should run just fine.

Baggins likes this.
  16. Kumoashi

Kumoashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2016
    United States
  17. Cluster
    OP

Cluster GBAtemp Fan

Oct 2, 2005
    Serbia, Republic of
    Moscow Region, Electrostal
    No, there is too many work. I need a week, I think.

No, I'll create converter for "normal" SNES ROMs.

18. Baggins

Baggins GBAtemp Regular

Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    Also another feature is modifying it so that Nintendo's emulator can also load compressed roms as well, to save space?

19. Kumoashi

Kumoashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2016
    United States
    Considering that we can do VC injections on the Nintendo 3DS to run games that are not on the eShop, I don't see why we can't do something similar here with Hakchi2.

20. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Take your time ^_^

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted