1. LuckY07

LuckY07 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Would be really curious if you could have both metal slug's in 1 folder on the new version.. The whole syncing 1 folder for 1 game, which represents "neo geo1" is silly to me as well. I don't like that and if that's how it works with me then I'll be removing it.

If I follow the instructions that were posted above, I believe I just add the modules, THEN add the games and make the new Neo Geo folder.

One difference between our setups is you have GBA, and I've read bad things in regards to using it on here. I would be curious if you removed your GBA what you would get.

2. youngtune27

youngtune27 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well my 5 gba games work great. Fact that I can get to 317mb is plenty enough for me.

3. ByteThis

ByteThis GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    You can take a ROM and add a patch to it and it still works. But I havent been able to use more then one patch at a time to the game (as in multiple patches to one game). I used this :

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/953/

It is WinIps

4. sideswipe75

sideswipe75 Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    hi guys, trying this again:

i'm playing super monaco GP (arcade) with fb alpha but cant config the steering controls. cant seem to find the correct setting under RGUI control panel.

alternative, how do i bring up the MAME black and white control panel? i am using famicom mini's builtin controls.

thanks.

5. DR1001

DR1001 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    What's the C4 error mean again? Been a while since I got one of those?

EDIT: Disregard. Thanks.

Last edited by DR1001, Mar 7, 2017
  6. Kobe46

Kobe46 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Q: Help! I am getting a C4 error code?
    A: Occurs when trying to save a game on the system. The system has completely ran out of storage and cannot even create a save state. Recommendation is you install fewer games or delete some of the existing save states.

There was a known bug with the SNES9x2010 core where it created 5mb save states. This would quickly eat up the limited storage. The recommendation is to do a factory reset to remove all the lingering save states, or you can manually remove them. Keep in mind that per other responses above deleting a game in Hakchi, does not delete the save state. Therefore, if you previously installed other games on the system those files are lingering unless you reinstall the game and manually delete the saves or do a factory reset on the system itself (this is not the same as reflashing Hakchi). Furthermore, only the factory reset will remove the battery backup SRAMs as well (it isn't clear if these are 5mb or not). [As of v2.13]

From FAQ Post.

7. DR1001

DR1001 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Thanks for the reminder. Went a little crazy on adding MAME games.

8. TokyoMario

TokyoMario Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Hello Kobe! thanks for all of your work. I have a few questions. I'm interested in making nes, snes, gbc, ect. games looks a little sharper.

1.Can the hq2x or hq4x shader be applied properly? If so, could you put them in a hmod for me. I'd really appreciate it.

2. I'd like to use your overlay template. I read on some of your posts that you were figuring out how to uninstall them. Did you? If not, this just means that will stay on your system until a factory reset or something like that?

9. sromeroi

sromeroi Member
    Newcomer

Yes, THANKS! In retropie I use the crt-pi* shaders present in that repo. Crt-pi.glslp adds nice scanlines with no geometry changes and the other crt-pi* shaders add curvature in the borders like an old, curved, CRT TV.

Thanks a lot again for looking into this.

10. marcushg85

marcushg85 Member
    Newcomer

Hi there, since i added some snes games with latest snes9x2005 core i've started having c4 errors. i know it is related to space. i've divided the folders in less than 30 (27-30 games per folder) and having a total of 290mb of games. The thing is how is the space left for cores managed? if i install all of them can i run into space problems without hackchi2 noticing??? thanks

11. maande80

maande80 GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    I maybe wrong about this, but referring to 30 is the maximum number of NES roms in one folder since maximum size of a folder is 30 MB (each NES rom is less than 1 MB size), and based on my experience, Genesis rom size is varied from hundreds of KBs up to less than 2 MB, so my assumption 27 roms of SNES in a folder still insufficient. For safety limit, you should only have maximum of 15 SNES games in one folder (assuming that each of those roms is 1.x MB size) so the total folder size is still under 30 MB.

Last edited by maande80, Mar 7, 2017
  12. marcushg85

marcushg85 Member
    Newcomer

I don't think that's the reason. i have the snes roms split in two folders like 17 games or something, much less than 30mb. But now i noticed even gba games give me c4 error when saving. (and even i deleted some savestates). i don't know where saves are stored, are they stored all systems together?

13. maande80

maande80 GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    I thought you added 27-30 SNES roms instead of NES ones. :P
    Have you deleted all the SNES save states before installing SNES9x2005 (in case you previously installed SNES9x2010)?

14. marcushg85

marcushg85 Member
    Newcomer

hmm probably not... but i can't remember if i used 2010 core or if i directly installed 2005 core. i'll try deleting all snes saves just in case. thanks for the advice! another thing is, are long filenames like "Super_Star_Wars_-_The_Empire_Strikes_Back__U___V1.1_____.smc.7z" still a problem? games seem to run normally but don't know if it's affecting savestates
    EDIT: i also realise that some snes 7zipped files have names with [!] . can someone confirm it is a problem? or was it just with snes9x2010 core?

Last edited by marcushg85, Mar 7, 2017
  15. Tom780

Tom780 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    How do you change the palette of Nestopia ?...

16. keithelmcity

keithelmcity Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    when using retro arch to play NES games and use cheats is there a way to see game titles instead of the hakchi code name example .... mike tysons punch out = id:clv-h-ewmog this makes it tuff to find the game desired to play and use a cheat code as always thanks for are your hard work and development !!

17. nintendo-master83

Newcomer

Hi there, I have already hacked my mini nes version 2.10 and added 90 games to it, I have just downloaded 2.11 and want to add this to my mini nes with the 700 roms and delete the original 90 game added. How do I go about this please? Do I have to reset the console then mod it all over again? Regards.

18. TruMisery

TruMisery Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The best way to go about a fresh start, is to first reflash the original kernel... this puts all the games the way they were when it was unhacked (this is only needed if looking for a fresh start, such as getting c4 errors).
    Second, do a factory reset through the options on the nes classic, this will remove any save files (pretty sure this deletes "every" save state left on the system (correct me if I am wrong))
    Third, flash the system with the games you want added and enjoy.

This will give you the best start... however, if you have a save state for a game you are going to keep, then you can skip the second step... that way, your save state will not be erased (as long as you are not getting c4 errors).

Hope that helps...

19. AndyVr

AndyVr GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    Nevermind. :)

Last edited by AndyVr, Mar 7, 2017
  20. LuckY07

LuckY07 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Was just gunna link you the file, but I see you found it.

Let us know how it turns out with Neo Geo. What NG games are you gunna load?
    If you do Metal Slug 1 and 2 are you going to put them in their own folder (under the main Neo Geo folder)?

keithelmcity likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - hakchi2, simple,