1. hpz937

hpz937 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I had issue with NES mini rebooting on its own after uploading games and them not showing up on the menu. Tried El-Massman's method, I had to do it twice, but then it worked as expected after that.

2. jar-_-

jar-_- Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Really!!! Mine will not work at all. I am starting to go insane here.

The definition of insanity is doing the SAME thing over and over and expecting different results.

3. potus

potus Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Wolf123rt, I believe Cluster has the talent to obscure a virus if he decided to include one. I mean even I have a YouTube video touching on how to do that! In turn, he took the time to code us up a great working tool; Windows Defender is garbage; Stop being scary!!

Subtle Demise likes this.
  4. jar-_-

jar-_- Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    BIG SORRY MY WINDOWS DEFENDER WAS ON. ONCE I DISABLED IT CORRECTLY IT INSTALLED WITHOUT AN ISSUE!:))

Thanks so much CLUSTER

5. wolf123rt

wolf123rt Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I got a damn trojan

6. Yoshi9288

Yoshi9288 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    But not from this Tool. I checked it with Kaspersky Internet Security and Eset Smart Security and both are reporting this Tool as an Clean File without an Trojan or an Virus. ;)

Seriously stop using Windows Defender it is one of the worst Anti-Virus Programms that you can use.

SpaceInvader likes this.
  7. NeoPolak

NeoPolak Member
    Newcomer

France
    What i already did

unplug all cables but usb (the nes is powered by my pc so i can hear if it's booting or not)
    boot the nes in fel mode then upload a kernel => pipe error
    so to flash the nes i need to
    select upload the original kernel first, then boot the nes in fel => success. i reboot the nes and it works like a new one

If i do the same with the custom kernel, select upload custom kernel then boot into fel => success, "you can add new games".
    then i reboot the nes but got a boot loop

i add a game after a reboot => success, the led turns off but still got a boot loop
    when i do the same but after the custom flash i add a game (without a reboot) => success, the led turns off but still got a boot loop

i tried to unplug at each steps of flashing the custom kernel but no luck every flash of custom kernel ends with a boot loop (the pc don't make a sound)

i even tried factory reset the nes, but it doesn't change anything
    for me custom kernel = boot loop

8. MontyQ

MontyQ GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    so now at 85 games all work and all seems well....anyone know the game limit or is there one ? some people say the mneu screws up ect after 90. has anyone went past 90 ?

btw cheers works awsome

9. redrumy3

redrumy3 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Same here malwarebytes, kaspersky and even my windows defender shows its clean.

10. wolf123rt

wolf123rt Member
    Newcomer

United States
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...b0934b16ee144ac7adde9ac59e723dd556a/analysis/ this too. And it is from this program as this is the only thing i downloaded recently and as soon as I downloaded it detected malware

Last edited by wolf123rt, Jan 8, 2017
  11. SuperMTH2

SuperMTH2 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm also getting the reset error to no avail. I opened a strand on reddit if u want to see what I have done so far.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassic...odable_nes_classic/?ref=share&ref_source=link
    bin trying all day today AND all yesterday. different computers, different setups, different drivers, multiple do overs, multiple usb ports...
    This leads me to ask if there ARE variations of the NES Classic models that don't well support being flashed to due to some kind of factory error...

Last edited by SuperMTH2, Jan 8, 2017
  12. Artimities
    This message by Artimities has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jan 8, 2017, Reason: Err, it's against the rules, sorry -rp.
    Jan 8, 2017
  13. Invierno

Invierno Member
    Newcomer

Cote d'Ivoire
    16v likes this.
  14. wolf123rt

wolf123rt Member
    Newcomer

United States
    my nes wont connect to my PC I hold reset while pressing power and it doesnt work

15. Yoshi9288

Yoshi9288 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    The 4 that shows it Contains an Trojan are trowing False Positives at almost every Executable File. I would rather believe well tested and trustfully Programms like Kaspersky, Eset-NOD32 (Smart Security), F-Secure or Gdata even the Microsoft Scanner says it is Safe. If you look close enough only 4 of 55 Scanners are trowing an Virus Alarm, if the Executable had an Real Trojan in it then all Well Known Programms would Report it.

If you dont Thrust well Known Scanners like Kaspersky or Eset-NOD32 thats fine but then dont use the Programm from the OP and stop Complaining.

Just my 5 Cents. ;)

Last edited by Yoshi9288, Jan 8, 2017
  16. MontyQ

MontyQ GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    sooooo anyone past 90 games yet? what happens to menu

17. Artimities

Artimities Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So do you have to have an emulator already to download or open these files, or can you just download and save them all to a folder?

18. SuperMTH2

SuperMTH2 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It's looking like I'm going to have to stop my research very soon till another source finds an answer... I've flashed damn near 100 times and I'm not trying to do any hardware damage to the system. So ill be watching this thread all day to see if anyone can figure this out. and I've tried the unplug method too for anyone wondering. If anyone has any questions about what methods I've tried, ill be glad to answer any questions.

19. NeoPolak

NeoPolak Member
    Newcomer

France
    I was thinking about that too, but why would they do that?

20. Artimities

Artimities Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    ok.. so do you hook the nes to your PC via the controller port or the power port on the back??? confused

21. d0rks0ul

d0rks0ul Member
    Newcomer

Jamaica
    power port using the USB cable

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - hakchi2, simple,