Hacking #hackmii chat

skrimpin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just had a funny idea
what if the hbc b9 installer had installed a fakesigned dummy IOS16 with whatever minor number would be appropriate
well, too late for that now
smile.gif

hah!
Then Nintendo would have quite a surprise if they ever got an HBC'd Wii in their shop
tongue.gif

haha
so, lets fix this wii... - *inserts disc* - fixed, send it back
user: "aaargh"
I can't connect the pices
I don't get the point of your idea
I must be forgeting about something simple
prevent the gbatemp-h4xx0rs from installing their pirated ios16
I see the goal now
but I don't recall the impact
what was ios 16 used for
tp?
it has the strncmp bug
other ios versions do to, so what makes this one so special?
there's no fixed ios16
I see
henke37, it was on the pinkfish disc
not normally distributed.
now I alomost get it
They want to downgrade their Wiis so they can install warez crap again. They've figured out that they can downwarez the pfd and install IOS16 from the update partition. Then they can load that IOS and have loads of fakesigned fun.
If we installed a fakesigned IOS16 with a high enough version number, they couldn't install that version of the normal IOS16
Of course, then Nintendo couldn't install that IOS normally in the factory, either.
but wouldn't that version of ios also have the bug?
or do you propose that we take another ios version that has it fixed?
I think you mean the later
sorry, s/fakesigned IOS16/fakesigned nothing with titleid 1-16/
I see
We don't really have to have any content to install a title.
Just a ticket/tmd. Maybe *one* content, but even that's a little iffy
tongue.gif

I don't see the point in making the legitime users of ios 16 fail
The only legitimate users would be Nintendo. You can't get IOS16 without warezing it.
And tbh, the pfd version floating around is so old, Nintendo probably has a new IOS16 revision, or may even be using a new IOS for their discs

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
man.. that'S privat.... better delete it. don't make the blood boil!
I'm sure tona didn't mean to call EVERY GBATEMPMEMBER warez user....
Warez are a bad thing! If this goes faster, wii will go down like the dreamcast...

nothing about backing up your original discs.
but making this VC-wad-Crap is just unnecessary.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
very nice. it's funny to see the bashing between gba temp and hackmii goes on...

btw. there is a tool which creates ios16 out of ios15 without extracting it from the pfd. maybe tona missed that one.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it's funny to go through all the other sites. It seems everyone thinks this site is full of haxors. It doesn't really matter, but always funny. Also the constant belief that the Wii will go under like the dreamcast.

The Dreamcast had no games, and the PS2 helped kill that. The Wii is leading the market hands down.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
That's a dirty trick to play. But... I can't really argue with their logic, even if I do use the fakesigned stuff.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe people will learn to wait and listen to team twiizers before they "accidentally" update their system or at least learn what they're doing so they don't need to use stolen code when all they needed to use from the beginning was their brain and a little logic.

For being a board that also talks it's share of shit on team twiizers, they have yet to code software that has ever harmed my system and do quite the contrary, inform us of what we should or should not be installing on our wiis if we want to continue to use their shared security holes to run code.

Anyone using software that runs under security flaws need to know and understand that the company can and will try to block out ways to run that unauthorized code and to apply some common sense and be patient (in both cases of 3.3 updating) and in a day a fix is found.

Do you blame anyone in #hackmii for speaking ill of here? they try to safely help you keeping homebrew on your system and they get called elites or assholes here left and right just because they don't believe in piracy use with their loaders yet people still bug them with tech questions to get those things running.

Wouldn't you want someone to stop overusing flaws you found that keep getting closed by nintendo in case they might need to be used as a last measure in the future once nintendo REALLY locks shit out?

People don't think long term on this board. Homebrew will be useless to everyone once it's completely blocked out. Stop welcoming these flaws to be used to the point of system update blocking because you didn't pay attention and updated anyway and only cared about yourself.

Next time nintendo updates and blocks everything out and there are no more holes left to manipulate, thank yourselves for getting the last hole plugged up because you just couldn't wait a day for an alternate update installer and had to use stolen code to fix it.

If I were them, I'd have done the same thing, maybe some people world learn a lesson to not fuck with what they don't understand and expect everyone to cater to them when they don't wait and listen.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
why would u update past 3.2 at the moment anyway?, i mean all the good hacks work on 3.2(trucha(for those that used it) + starfall), theres no need to ever update unless a game u REALLY want to play needs it, but usualy games just new a new IOS version and are not dependent on the firmware version i think.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mark McDonut i fully agree with your points. but installing a faked ios16 wouldn't help anybody. nintendo will fix the ios16 flaw with the next update that's for sure. everybody who saying this one should have been kept under a magic cap is absolutely right. right know the train has left (german saying not sure about a english equivalent) and screwing other people over with installing a fake ios16 would really mean. i would be although pretty pissed if i was one of the team twiizers guys or a part of the #hackmii community.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
why would u update past 3.2 at the moment anyway?, i mean all the good hacks work on 3.2(trucha(for those that used it) + starfall), theres no need to ever update unless a game u REALLY want to play needs it, but usualy games just new a new IOS version and are not dependent on the firmware version i think.
My wii was 3.3 Wen I bought it
frown.gif

Plus, I think that ios 51 install for the shop channel only works if ure already on 3.3, right? so if you want shop channel u must upgrade i think...

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cat's out of the bag, I'm sure Nintendo has people who browse the net. Especially GBATemp which now has become the haven for the newbies to start pirating on DS or Wii. There's no need to keep the "Gay Fish" IOS underwraps anymore, they know now about it and will probably patch it in the next update.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the people from Twiizers posted here saying that this wasn't their backup plan in case things got ugly, so it's not all lost.

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
MrBubbles said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the people from Twiizers posted here saying that this wasn't their backup plan in case things got ugly, so it's not all lost.
It was definitely a backup plan. For pessimistic definitions of "backup plan", it was the only one.

Of course, if we do get completely locked out, all will not be lost. Then the next plan will obviously be to manufacture and sell a hardware NAND "modchip" to install BootMii directly. Then you'll get to pay for it. Maybe that's what you wanted?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
marcan said:
MrBubbles said:
It was definitely a backup plan. For pessimistic definitions of "backup plan", it was the only one.

Of course, if we do get completely locked out, all will not be lost. Then the next plan will obviously be to manufacture and sell a hardware NAND "modchip" to install BootMii directly. Then you'll get to pay for it. Maybe that's what you wanted?
Well, I wouldn't mind paying for it, but it's the modchip that I wouldn't want to install. Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to make a device similar to SaveMii and install BootMii with it?

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiShizzza said:
man.. that'S privat.... better delete it. don't make the blood boil!
I'm sure tona didn't mean to call EVERY GBATEMPMEMBER warez user....
Warez are a bad thing! If this goes faster, wii will go down like the dreamcast...

nothing about backing up your original discs.
but making this VC-wad-Crap is just unnecessary.

that's not private at all, Check this

btw marcan, it seems some people will indeed never learn that they better not do stuff like that untill it is really needed...

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
Maikel Steneker said:
Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to make a device similar to SaveMii and install BootMii with it?
For the N+1th time, NO.

The only way of putting BootMii into a hypothetical fully patched console (minus boot1) would be by soldering 16+ wires to the NAND. Fun stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-