djda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
Hello there i have a quick question in regards to hacking a virgin wii.
So first things first i have hacked several wii's probably surplus of 10. I have used the same SD card and various methods for all of them and i have some pretty good but i guess outdated knowledge of hacking since i stopped messing with the wii for about a year now. I recently decided it was time to get current and updated my current wii to 4.2 and did all the rehacking and all that. Everything was dandy.
Now the topic at hand

I am hacking a wii for a person
(BTW it is a 3.3U virgin Wii and its a few years old)
and i have done all the reading necessary and followed the guide, downloaded all the materials that are in the sticky. However i am having a small problem at the startup, I have successfully started done bannerbomb and loaded the hackmii installer, i have installed HBC and BootMii as boot 2 and it says all is successful and everything is dandy
HOWEVER
as long as an SD card is inserted in the Wii it will just boot to a black screen and i cant do anything the remote wont respond or anything.
Now i know it is installed because there is the flashing of lights after the initial blue led when the wii turns on so that is checked. I have gone on the computer and edited the bootmii.ini file and tried to change some things in there but thats not working either so if anyone knows what my problem could be help would be appreciated Thanks.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
have you tried using a different SD card?
uninstalling then reinstalling bootmii?

ive experienced this before, i did both things mentioned above and the black screen went away.

djda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
Well i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it a few times and that didnt seem to help, i also tried an older hackmii installer with the older bootmii but that didnt help either. My other SD card is currently away on a trip in a camera so thats not gonna be back for another week or so unfortunately maybe that will be my only solution but this SD has worked for many many wiis before this one.
thanks though

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
As a temporary fix just change the Bootmii folder name to anything else - I use Boobmii, if you are wanting it to boot to the system menu with the SD card in situ.
Usually the video problem is a setting problem when running the system menu or HBC automatically from bootmii - does it also happen if it is set to actually stay on Bootmii i.e you cant get to the bootmii option screen?

DRK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
djda said:
Well i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it a few times and that didnt seem to help, i also tried an older hackmii installer with the older bootmii but that didnt help either. My other SD card is currently away on a trip in a camera so thats not gonna be back for another week or so unfortunately maybe that will be my only solution but this SD has worked for many many wiis before this one.
thanks though

Did you also rewrite the bootmii files to the SD card? (or even better, reformat SD card and than rewrite the bootmii files)

djda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
ocdetective said:
As a temporary fix just change the Bootmii folder name to anything else - I use Boobmii, if you are wanting it to boot to the system menu with the SD card in situ.
Usually the video problem is a setting problem when running the system menu or HBC automatically from bootmii - does it also happen if it is set to actually stay on Bootmii i.e you cant get to the bootmii option screen?

Yes i cant get to the bootmii option screen at all and before i proceed in hacking any further i want to make sure i can get bootmii to work properly and make a nand backup

@DRK yea i tried that a few times but to no avail

Im just stumped thanks for all your help so far guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.