hacking pokemon diamond

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by deeter, Jul 14, 2010.

Jul 14, 2010

hacking pokemon diamond by deeter at 6:16 AM (1,348 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. deeter
    OP

Newcomer deeter Member

United States
    ok all i want to do is hack my pokemon diamond rom so i can change the bedoofs sprite to a sonic and change the moves to fake ones and the evoltuion to super sonic also i want to change the ability to wonder gaurd so i want to change bedoof completly and want to change the name 2 sonic can u help me?

2. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Yeah, wrong section.

3. deeter
    OP

Newcomer deeter Member

United States
    sorry my 1st post [​IMG]

4. Xarsah16

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Bedoof? I don't think Bedoof is a Pokemon, however Bidoof is.

Also, had you not mentioned "Bidoof", I would have thought you were talking about the game Telefang, which was bootlegged into the gameboy games Pokemon Diamond and Jade.
    Furthermore, it's quite clear that DS games are not Gameboy games. Please be clear what you're talking about, or at least post in the right place as mentioned.

Please type with coherency and in an understandable manner. From your topic description, I could barely understand what you had wished to do. Heck, I have a great idea. If you can hack what you wish into the games, then help groups and other hackers out with hacking and translation projects. They would be grateful. From the sound of it, however, I didn't think you knew squat about hacking games and other software.

If you do succeed in changing whatever it is you wish to change - such as those attacks - please keep in mind that any other pokemon you capture would also have those altered names for their attacks. You may wish to rethink this. The changes would also be semi-permanent to the rom - you'd have to either just use a clean one or go through the changes to reverse what you have done to the poor Bidoof. You can't use a retail copy for this either without some sort of cheat device - it's relatively impossible to hack a game without the use of a computer. To perform all of those changes, though, I'm not even sure whether a cheat device could do all of that at once. It may be too much for it to handle. It could also be too invasive.

5. deeter
    OP

Newcomer deeter Member

United States
    OK Bidoof but i want to change him to sonic and everything else i want plus a trainer hack so i can change his outfit

6. Xarsah16

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Did you read past the first sentence of my post?

Also, do you have the slightest idea on how to hack a ROM? Do you know which programs to use? It can be very complicated if you don't know what the hell you're doing.

7. MaK11-12

Member MaK11-12 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    What lacrymosa967 said + why don't you just play Sonic rush?

Anyway, check file trip for some hacks.

Edit:
    Also, hacking isn't the easiest thing in the world. Its not like a program that you can select and change different names and logos.

8. deeter
    OP

Newcomer deeter Member

United States
    i know some what but i cant find the right programs espesally to change the games title