Gaming Hacking a slim PSP

WizardOfOdd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I've got two PSP's here.

An old fat one, which doesn't work properly - the buttons are all fucked, but the battery is still fine. A a new slim PSP. The old fat one is already hacked, running custom firmware. The new slim one is running official firmware 6.20.

What I basically want, is my slim one hacked, and running custom firmware.

I realise that to do this, I'm probably going to have to make a pandora battery. I think I have everything I need to do this - an old fat battery, a memory card, and a USB cable.

Can anyone link me up with the relevant guides to accomplish my tasks, or point me in the direction of a useful site? Thanks!!

WizardOfOdd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah actually, never mind. It seems like there's actually no real way to tell what motherboard is in my PSP. I've checked the guide in the thread stickied above, and none of the methods work for me, considering I no longer have the boxes, and have no idea what FW was installed when it was purchased... In fact, I'm not even sure if it's a 2000 or 3000 model.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
maxconsole.net and pspupdates.qj.net both have guides to perform what you're trying to do.

if I recall, the psp-2000 has both the PS and SONY logos on the face of the system, and the psp-3000 simply has the SONY logo in the upper right-hand corner.
additionally, I believe that you could open up the umd cover and peer inside to see some writing on the motherboard to indicate whether or not the system could be hacked via the pandora battery and magic memory stick.

edit:
http://www.coderetard.com/wp-content/uploa...vs-psp-3000.jpg

also, from: http://www.edmartechguide.com/2009/03/how-...n-have-cfw.html

Using Dark_AleX’s TA-088v3 Identifier:
It’s pretty straight forward. If it doesn’t work, it’s a TA-090v1 or TA-088v3 meaning you can’t install anything on it.
http://www.consolespot.net/forums/psp-news...identifier.html

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Use the PSP 1000 to create a Pandora Battery (I'm not entirely sure on the specifics) then you can use this to hack your 2000 following the Pandora Hacking guide on this very forum (written by Protokun)

WizardOfOdd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies guys.

I made a Pandora battery and MMS following a guide on DC Emu, it all went ok, but when I tried to hack my PSP 2000 with the battery and MMS I just got a black screen. I guess it must be the middle gen of 2000's which can't be hacked.

In addition to this, I then tried to pandorify my slim battery from the 2000, which must have totally wrecked it, because now it doesn't work at all, and wont even be recognised when I insert it after powering up from the mains adapter!

Bah, fail all round really. Now I need to buy a new battery for my PSP 2000.

Doh!

Ha.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just so you know, there is a pandora/MMS guide here too, as Jamstruth mentioned.
ninja.gif

WizardOfOdd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I'll give it a try, yeah. I was following this guide :

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=206880

BUT, something clearly is going wrong, because just as a test, I tried the magic memory stick and pandora battery method following that guide on my FAT 1000 PSP since it never worked on my 2000, and I still only got a black screen. So something is definitely amiss, no?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
There are some un-pandorable PSP Slim batteries, Fat batteries are the only guaranteed Pandoras. Its quite possible that you have an unhackable PSP Slim. Check here and take a look at whatever pointers you can to try and tell. If it is fully hackable then follow this guide to try again.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WizardOfOdd said:
Ah actually, never mind. It seems like there's actually no real way to tell what motherboard is in my PSP. I've checked the guide in the thread stickied above, and none of the methods work for me, considering I no longer have the boxes, and have no idea what FW was installed when it was purchased... In fact, I'm not even sure if it's a 2000 or 3000 model.
Well, with my Pandora and my MMS, there was an option called system information,and it told me what MOBO it had, right in there. I was installing 5.00 M33 at the time.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hatsune Miku said:
WizardOfOdd said:
Well, with my Pandora and my MMS, there was an option called system information,and it told me what MOBO it had, right in there. I was installing 5.00 M33 at the time.
You know the mms won't boot up unless the pandora works.
mellow.gif
So this doesn't help. Then again putting a pandora in a psp with an mms will tell you if it will work. ChickHen with pspident too if its on 5.03

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board. +1