Hacking Hackable Nintendo Switch

jalle65

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey people,

So from what I know, only Nintendo Switches released before July 2018 are hackable. After that Nintendo patched them or something. Now I just bought a used Nintendo Switch, and I have no idea when my Switch was manufactured. Is there any way I can find out how old it is? The back of the Switch simply states "Made in China 2018", no month or nothing else more specific.

I found out that I can check my Switches hackability by sending a payload (fusee-test.bin) to my Switch in RCM mode. But I simply cannot get my Switch into RCM mode, not with paperclips, with jigs, with anything. Is this a clear signal that my Switch is unhackable?

Thanks for all the answers in advance :)

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably hackable, you're just having bad luck getting into RCM mode. Buy a proper jig, or tear apart a joycon and use bentpinhax.

I personally preferred to use a single strand of wire torn out of a CAT5 cable until I got my jig.

It's also possible that the previous owner messed up his pins while trying to get into RCM.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

jalle65

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I checked my serial through the website nero99 linked, and it seems my Switch is patched... that's a bummer. So it seems like I was just unlucky getting the jig to work, but it wouldn't have made a difference. Thanks for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, on that android PC?