Hacking Hack a 4.2 Wii

computerboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I would like to post my own 4.2 guide which includes (installing BootMii, cIOSs and cMIOS).
Yes, another 4.2 guide but this one might be easier to understand. It is intended for 4.2 virgin Wiis but it should work on a pre hacked Wii.

Here is the link to it as well as the link to my forum which I made this weekend:
http://www.consolehacks.co.cc/forum/viewto...hp?f=7&t=11
http://www.consolehacks.co.cc/forum

Please leave feedback on my forum and sign up if you like
smileipb2.png

BTW I started this guide before any other 4.2 guide was released so I didn't copy anyone
tongue.gif

c0mputeRb0y

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Post the guide here.

No one is gonna sign up to your board just to view the guide.
Posting it here will get better results and probably a lot of hate as well.

computerboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Opps sorry it was meant to be viewable by guests. I'll fix the problem now

EDIT: Fixed anybody can read the forum

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
* nand dumps are ~540MB, not 512, hence you should mention you need at least a 1gb sd card with 540MB free to take a nand backup.

* why are you only downgrading ios15? you should be downgrading ios15, then using ios15 to patch ios36, then restoring ios15. its not ios downgrader, its trucha bug restorer... just a personal thought.

also, wouldnt harm to mention preloader as brick protection if you cant install bootmii as boot2.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
Omega Knight said:
Preloader wasn't made to be brick protection.

neither was bootmii.

preloader still does offer basic protection, such as recovering from bannerbricks, which is better than nothing.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i think this should replace this guide

this one is more up to date
and the other hasn't really been updated since october 1

computerboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
0M39A said:
* nand dumps are ~540MB, not 512, hence you should mention you need at least a 1gb sd card with 540MB free to take a nand backup. Thanks.

* why are you only downgrading ios15? you should be downgrading ios15, then using ios15 to patch ios36, then restoring ios15. its not ios downgrader, its trucha bug restorer... just a personal thought. becaue when I tested the guide on my own Wii it gave me the upside down homebrew channel and if you have Waninkokos cIOS you don't need to patch IOS 36.

also, wouldnt harm to mention preloader as brick protection if you cant install bootmii as boot2. Yes, I will be adding preloader soon.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
computerboy said:
* why are you only downgrading ios15? you should be downgrading ios15, then using ios15 to patch ios36, then restoring ios15. its not ios downgrader, its trucha bug restorer... just a personal thought. becaue when I tested the guide on my own Wii it gave me the upside down homebrew channel and if you have Waninkokos cIOS you don't need to patch IOS 36.
but to install waninkoko's cIOS you must have a patched IOS, which is usually IOS36 patched by TBR
which means your guide can only be used on previously hacked wii's, not virgin wii's
the reason the 2nd steps of TBR flipped your HBC is because your installed HBC 1.0.6 using IOS36, not IOS61
you must install a clean IOS61 and IOS36 for it to install to IOS61.

computerboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well when I tested it on my Wii it worked flawlessly but I'll have annother look at it once I come back from school.

computerboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
xzxero said:
computerboy said:
but to install waninkoko's cIOS you must have a patched IOS, which is usually IOS36 patched by TBR
which means your guide can only be used on previously hacked wii's, not virgin wii's
the reason the 2nd steps of TBR flipped your HBC is because your installed HBC 1.0.6 using IOS36, not IOS61
you must install a clean IOS61 and IOS36 for it to install to IOS61.

I updated the guide to include restoring IOS 36 although I haven't got a Wii to test on ATM. As soon as I get home I will test it if no one else has.

computerboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Guide updated with Preloader. A guide just for Preloader will be made soon!

Apparently some people are having DSI exceptions with TBR. If you're getting them try unplugging the Wii completely, changing SD card or formatting it.

Dr. Hobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used this guide to help my uncle hack his wii. Worked great! I liked this guide better than the other ones available because they had a bunch of superfluous steps that they acted like were so important. This one is a straight forward, no-nonsense guide.

One problem I had though is that under "Restoring the Trucha Bug" you wrote "5) Run Any Title Deleter MOD and select IOS 15 and press A." It doesn't work on IOS 15 (presumably because we've already restored it by that point), so IOS 36 needs to be used. I still give this guide a 10/10 though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)