Hacking GX emulators on vWii?

brightlight54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had my modded Wii U for about 9 months now and everything runs perfectly on the Wii U side, vWii side in terms of Wii and GC games, and RetroArch on the Wii U side as well.

I recently modded a friends Wii with the GX line of emulators and their respective forward channels as well. I know since i have RetroArch i dont need to use these emulators on the vWii, but I want them anyway because they look pretty cool is all.

I was just wondering if its completely safe to use the GX line of emulators (SNES9x, FCEU gx, GenPlusGX, VBA Next) and their installed forwarder channels on my vWii just as I would with a normal Wii. The files i installed on my friends Wii work perfectly, but is it safe to just use those exact same files on my vWii as long they're confirmed working on a Wii?

thanks!

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
I've had my modded Wii U for about 9 months now and everything runs perfectly on the Wii U side, vWii side in terms of Wii and GC games, and RetroArch on the Wii U side as well.

I recently modded a friends Wii with the GX line of emulators and their respective forward channels as well. I know since i have RetroArch i dont need to use these emulators on the vWii, but I want them anyway because they look pretty cool is all.

I was just wondering if its completely safe to use the GX line of emulators (SNES9x, FCEU gx, GenPlusGX, VBA Next) and their installed forwarder channels on my vWii just as I would with a normal Wii. The files i installed on my friends Wii work perfectly, but is it safe to just use those exact same files on my vWii as long they're confirmed working on a Wii?

thanks!
Just use injects I have made a ton of injects of latest Emu's install with WUP installer these are all I made enjoy

https://mega.nz/folder/J9VFSQrb#trHxyEKITkxaspLTwacWvw
Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Reactions: susi91 and Kopimist

brightlight54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
(apart from the above valid advice)
and their installed forwarder channels on my vWii just as I would with a normal Wii. The files i installed on my friends Wii work perfectly, but is it safe to just use those exact same files on my vWii as long they're confirmed working on a Wii?
Most homebrew channels (not the HBC itself) use a nandloader that only supports either real Wiis or Vwiis, still there's no harm in trying, at worst you'll have a channel that freezes the system when launched (and even for the separate case of a bannerbrick, you can use a wad manager via enhanced vwii to uninstall the defective channel) :)

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
sweet thank you. so will these install on my Wii U home screen and launch from there into vWii? Or have these been made native to Wii U?
They install to your homescreen and boot vWii but launch straight away also if you want to benefit from these more use sign_c2w_patcher so they all use overclock

Also install to NAND as USB can cause crashes and sometimes don't install at all

Last edited by danny19901,

brightlight54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(apart from the above valid advice)

Most homebrew channels (not the HBC itself) use a nandloader that only supports either real Wiis or Vwiis, still there's no harm in trying, at worst you'll have a channel that freezes the system when launched (and even for the separate case of a bannerbrick, you can use a wad manager via enhanced vwii to uninstall the defective channel) :)

thanks for the reply. I ended just winging it and trying everything. The emulators work, but the forward channels do indeed freeze the system forcing a reboot by unplugging power. I'm satisfied with just having the emulators in the first place with HBC and I'm also gonna give Danny19901's injects a shot for shits and giggles

Reactions: Kopimist

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the reply. I ended just winging it and trying everything. The emulators work, but the forward channels do indeed freeze the system forcing a reboot by unplugging power. I'm satisfied with just having the emulators in the first place with HBC and I'm also gonna give Danny19901's injects a shot for shits and giggles
Well these injects won't disappoint with the overclock feature N64 runs amazing use Wii64 as Not64 doesn't support gamepad but they both work also FCEULTRA RX doesn't support gamepad but also works

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Admin removed my post not a 100% sure why though didn't know posting injects for Emulators was against the rules specially when people create emulators and share on here

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Forwarders to emulators are permissable on the forums, ROM injects are not, for obvious reasons. Like I told you in the PM, we had to take a closer look at your files to ensure that they don't contain any copyrighted material - from what we can tell they don't, so I've restored them. ;)

brightlight54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Admin removed my post not a 100% sure why though didn't know posting injects for Emulators was against the rules specially when people create emulators and share on here

its ok I already nabbed them all anyway. Thanks again for these, I cant wait to try em out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol