Hacking GW 3DS Petition to remove brick code

Skyrider

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dude, if the brick code is true, and if you have a way to fix it, and if it mess with other people trying to use your code for theyr profit. And if is very hard to anyone really show a evidence, and if nobody can suit you against it. Why in the hell you will remove it in future updates?

As far as I know, the "fix" can only be done hardware wise that includes soldering. Plus, there has been reports it even bricks on official Gateway users. That are not using clones at all. If the brick was indeed intentional to put a stop on cloners being lazy, I don't think they really intended to brick Gateway users.

J. Sinclair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It wasn't meant to run on their own hardware or software (and still hasn't been proven it actually does and really can't be.) They did what they had to do to stop clones and those clones will sure take their time from now on before releasing new firmwares or if they can't decrypt the whole thing hopefully not release any firmware unless they make it.
What reason isn't there to? Still been using 2.02b every day now playing games and I don't see why all these people are complaining of bricks, it doesn't.
Why should they make new stuff if a different team is going to steal it the day after and say it's theirs? Take them out first.

Hmm... I just got my GW, and have been looking at it with like this weird stare as if it would set a blaze my 3DS, which is also brand spanking new...
But yeah, if it's safe and 99.99% of those that have got a brick out of it has been using "wrong" hardware or fake code, I should not have a problem with it as I paid for the real thing. (almost can believe it as I'm then only using it to back up may own games...)

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hmm... I just got my GW, and have been looking at it with like this weird stare as if it would set a blaze my 3DS, which is also brand spanking new...
But yeah, if it's safe and 99.99% of those that have got a brick out of it has been using "wrong" hardware or fake code, I should not have a problem with it as I paid for the real thing. (almost can believe it as I'm then only using it to back up may own games...)

It's not 99% safe, the odds of bricking are much higher actually and oddly enough it has affected a lot of new Gateway users.

Reactions: Skelletonike

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States

You're only "safe" off of 2.0B2. You have your facts wrong, too.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As far as I know, the "fix" can only be done hardware wise that includes soldering. Plus, there has been reports it even bricks on official Gateway users. That are not using clones at all. If the brick was indeed intentional to put a stop on cloners being lazy, I don't think they really intended to brick Gateway users.

Maybe i haven´t been clear.

Why Gateway (if have really a brick code) should or will remove this code in the 2.0 and after if nobody can suit then, if dont have a clear proof of brick code, if they know how to fix, and if it this mess up with their clone competitors?

If have, they not will say. If dont they are laugh of the clone bad salles now. The idea of fix 3ds of gateway users was a masterpiece. One side grants fidelity of gw users, and by otherside sounds like a hidden cofession for paranoic people like me. But no one can afirmate is a confession without proof it.

mlc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a silly idea. If Gateway cared about anyone's opinion, they wouldn't release dangerous code to customers. This petition is likely more ineffectual than, say, petitioning the US gov't to not go to war or not spy. Gateway doesn't need any sense of legitimacy, you can't touch them, and they can always disappear and come back as a "new" company. Beyond that, ANY organization which responds to a petition is doing it out of self preservation or to look good; even large corporations with enormous potential sales wouldn't respond to a petition, much less an anonymous corporation like Gateway with limited potential customers.

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it was true that if you use a gateway you won't be bricked, it's still despicable that this company is ok with destroying innocent peoples $200 devices who may not know that they bought a clone.

I'm not ok supporting a company that does that to consumers.

J. Sinclair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Even if it was true that if you use a gateway you won't be bricked, it's still despicable that this company is ok with destroying innocent peoples $200 devices who may not know that they bought a clone.

I'm not ok supporting a company that does that to consumers.

Nope, and I agree, but a petition won't solve this problem.
Either way, the people over at Gateway will fix/reimburse (from what I understood, I may be wrong so don't quote me to it!) your DS should it get bricked by their HW & SW. Now if you messed around and was mixed stuff, your own fault.

J. Sinclair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Gateway is dead! They will never release a new firmware, they will never remove the brick code!
They didn't respond to my mails either!
Yeah so because you didn't get a response they are dead?
Nice... Microsoft never responed to my bug report... I had a problem that they did not help me with, I even have a real valid product key.
So you are saying that I should assume Microsoft is dead? Damn. I was soo hoping the where not dead...

T_T

Reactions: gamefan5 and bkifft

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah so because you didn't get a response they are dead?
Nice... Microsoft never responed to my bug report... I had a problem that they did not help me with, I even have a real valid product key.
So you are saying that I should assume Microsoft is dead? Damn. I was soo hoping the where not dead...

T_T
I'm guessing he was being satirical.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries