guitar hero WT

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Twiggy12, Oct 23, 2008.

Oct 23, 2008

guitar hero WT by Twiggy12 at 7:04 AM (3,134 Views / 0 Likes) 26 replies

1. Twiggy12
    OP

Member Twiggy12 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    im getin guitar hero WT on wii soon (in PAL its out on 11/11/08) so i was wondering is DLC on WT free? or do you have to use wii points?

2. Maschell

Member Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    You need Wii Points in your shop channel to open the Music Shop. And on the cover is the pay to play logo.
    So you have to pay for the songs^^

3. Twiggy12
    OP

Australia
    fuuuuck, oh well, atleast i was smart enuf to keep 2000 wii points just encase [​IMG]

4. CosmoKramer

Member CosmoKramer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You don't necessarily need wii points to access the shop.. you can access it without points. There are some free songs there right now if you have the game.. I actually even bought a song for 200 points.. I got Blind Melon - No Rain and the 4 free songs.. There are 10 songs there right now.. 4 are free.. YAY.. i was surprised that they were even there since the game doesn't come out till sunday...

But your gonna HAVE to update your Wii so that you can access the Wii Shop channel to buy and/or activate Wii Points.. You can't get into the shop any more without the update.. which sucks..

Also, you need 200 blocks free for DLC on your wii.. Once you download the song, it asks you if you wanna transfer it to a SD card. after that.. the 200 blocks become free again on your wii.. Then rinse and repeat.. lol

5. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Did you download it (GH:WT)? Because I got my copy (Actual store bought copy) today. Also, No Rain is a great song...I'm using my last 200 points on it.

6. unsteadycarrot

Newcomer unsteadycarrot Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    i can access the wii shop via GHWT, it says searching for update, but says no update found and exits the shop?....what gives.......

7. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    That's 200 blocks per song!? Or it reserves 200 blocks for the songs just in case? Can you play then directly from the SD card?

No Rain is a cool song indeed..

8. Balrogs.Pain

Member Balrogs.Pain GBAtemp Fan

United States
    CosmoKramer. you have the game? LUCKY SON OF A anyways. . .
    Cosmo, can you test something for me? Can you try to download a chart of like freebird jordan a gh3 chart or something, and see if it will run when in the SD Card? Or atleast be detected?

9. Twiggy12
    OP

Australia
    yeah ive done my research so each song takes 200 blocks and a single song costs 200 points and a group/pack is 500 (i think, judging its that way for xbox with microsoft points) which is seriously horse jackshit monkey balls stapled to a table since in australia 2000 points cost 40 bucks

10. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    $40 dollars. Where are you getting yours from, I have seen those cards as low as 25 but $30 seems to be the average.

11. monkey04

Newcomer monkey04 Advanced Member

Canada
    Does guitar hero world tour come with the new update or can i play it with the 3.2 firmware because i don't want to put the game in when i get it and it updates to the new firmware that blocks some of the homebrew stuff

12. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I wonder if you can switch out files, like so we get custom songs without wasting any DVDs. Or are they .bin files/in another container...

Could someone check, I want to know. I have a SD Card reserved for DLC too! [​IMG]

13. sum182

Newcomer sum182 Advanced Member

United States
    Im using the backuplauncher and whenever i try to save a song to my SD card i get an error, theres probably an obvious answer to this but do you guys know why?

And yes, you can run it with 3.2, i can anyways. But if you want to buy more wii points your gonna need to update the shop channel, unless you use the new thing to get around that

14. unsteadycarrot

Newcomer unsteadycarrot Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    im still not getting any songs showing up [​IMG].........is this because i have a pal console? or wil it still search the american store.

15. crezwell

Member crezwell GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hey Unsteady, yeah im getting similar. Mine gets thru the update but then says no songs found on server, i figured it was due to being in PAL region tho and not being upped yet.
    Is your GHTunes working? Cus i can download from there no problem, but theres no way of telling if theyre from PAL or NTSC servers.

16. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I am in PAL and nothing shows up so we must be getting it when a PAL release is made.

17. crezwell

United Kingdom
    According to an interview on IGN your custom songs are saved within your GHWT Save Game File, so if people re-create known songs on their own wii then we'll have to find a way to hack the Save Game Files and insert them, if possible.
    Hopefully DLC saved to SD wont be a problem. Ive no idea as i cant get DLC yet being in PAL, so its wishful thinking at the moment.

Going back to the Custom Songs, the quote is -
    'Well, songs that you create in the Music Studio or download from GHTunes are actually stored within the Guitar Hero World Tour save game file, so the size of these won't impact the space on your Wii system memory. The user-created files are significantly smaller than DLC or on-disc songs in size. '

I dont get how they dont impact on your system memory just cus theyre stored in the save file, unless its a figure of speech that they dont use up blocks

18. agn015

Newcomer agn015 Member

United States
    does anyone know what the free DLC songs are right now?

19. crezwell

United Kingdom
  20. agn015

Newcomer agn015 Member

United States
    cool thanks