Hacking [Guide] Install a9lh without buying anything in 11.2

Did you get a9lh from 11.2 following this guide?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TDAdvocate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The m4a is not on the root of sd card. Root = open SD and paste there.
Move it outside the nintendo3ds folder.
It's in the root. Only thing in the Nintendo 3DS folder is a folder "Private" and a folder with a huge string of text. I am using a Mac with the app Finder for the file transfers because I don't have a way to use SD or microSD on my Windows desktop.

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's in the root. Only thing in the Nintendo 3DS folder is a folder "Private" and a folder with a huge string of text. I am using a Mac with the app Finder for the file transfers because I don't have a way to use SD or microSD on my Windows desktop.
Close the app take out the SD and put it back on. Maybe it's not reading the file or the SD is corrupted.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

potatoes828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a 64 gb card?

potatoes828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. My card is an 8gb currently as I don't know anywhere that sells anything higher for a reasonable price.

Honestly, I'm confused with your case right now. I asked if you have 64gb cause I wanted to make sure you have FAT32 formatted card.

Anyway, if possible, backup all what is in your SDcard. Format SDcard and copy the backup to it.
Hope that helps. If not, try using a different SD card.

TDAdvocate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I'm confused with your case right now. I asked if you have 64gb cause I wanted to make sure you have FAT32 formatted card.

Anyway, if possible, backup all what is in your SDcard. Format SDcard and copy the backup to it.
Hope that helps. If not, try using a different SD card.

Thanks for all the help. I will give it a try (backing up and reformatting) as I don't really have the money for a new microSD anymore. I want to format to FAT32 correct? I will also have to see if I can even use that formatting on my Mac or if I am basically screwed. But thanks a bunch for all the help.

potatoes828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the help. I will give it a try (backing up and reformatting) as I don't really have the money for a new microSD anymore. I want to format to FAT32 correct? I will also have to see if I can even use that formatting on my Mac or if I am basically screwed. But thanks a bunch for all the help.

You're welcome!
and yes. FAT32.

Also, just to test, try putting another m4a file and see it that gets detected.

TDAdvocate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome!
and yes. FAT32.

I will give that a try then when I have a moment. I won't be able to test these options for a few hours sadly. But I will come back with the results.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11. Put your microSD in your PC.
11. Now you can delete the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer files from your files9 folder.
12. Extract the SafeA9LHInstaller 7z and copy the "arm9.bin" to your microSD root.
13. Open the folder: "Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000" and delete the folder "0000008f".
14. Put the microSD in your console and press START.
Can I make a small suggestion to the guide and also point out a numbering error? OK, you should add to back up the OTP.bin and files9 folder after they delete the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer files from the SD card. This would greatly increase the chances to restore bricked systems. I've been helping people following this guide as well as video guides and this is a very crutial and mandatory step to take that many are not taking. Also there are two step 11s. ;) Thanks for hearing me out and I hope you can add that suggestion to the guide. Other than that, nice guide.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I make a small suggestion to the guide and also point out a numbering error? OK, you should add to back up the OTP.bin and files9 folder after they delete the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer files from the SD card. This would greatly increase the chances to restore bricked systems. I've been helping people following this guide as well as video guides and this is a very crutial and mandatory step to take that many are not taking. Also there are two step 11s. ;) Thanks for hearing me out and I hope you can add that suggestion to you guide. Other than that, nice guide.
The backing up otp comes down later, but I agree with backing up the files9 folder. I just backed up OTP on mine, and I heard other people saying I should've backed up all the folder :/

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The backing up otp comes down later, but I agree with backing up the files9 folder. I just backed up OTP on mine, and I heard other people saying I should've backed up all the folder :/

Ah, I stand corrected. OP, disregard the OTP.bin as it comes later and I didn't originally see it but definitely add a step the backup the files9 after they delete the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer files.

HugoAndore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a N3ds at 9.2U firmware..asking me to update, i use it for gateway but i like this method better. should i upgrade to 11.2, then follow this guide? or is there more benefits at 9.2, if so what are they?

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a N3ds at 9.2U firmware..asking me to update, i use it for gateway but i like this method better. should i upgrade to 11.2, then follow this guide? or is there more benefits at 9.2, if so what are they?
You get the same benefits plus being in the most current system and updated support ^^

TDAdvocate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome!
and yes. FAT32.

So I had to reformat it to something along the lines of "Mac OS Journal Extended" to then change to "MS DOS" (fat32) before it finally worked. After that I followed up to Step 15 and the page just loads a white page saying "arm11.bin loading" and nothing happens. Any ideas?

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had to reformat it to something along the lines of "Mac OS Journal Extended" to then change to "MS DOS" (fat32) before it finally worked. After that I followed up to Step 15 and the page just loads a white page saying "arm11.bin loading" and nothing happens. Any ideas?
Did you delete the 000000f8 folder?

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. For some reason I had 2 "Nintendo 3DS" folders but I went and deleted the file in both folders just in case.
Hmmmm okay read the next few steps on the guide. Try again from step 15 make sure you types the URL correctly, if that happens again press Select, Wait a few seconds then Press any button to continue. The system should turn off on its own if it doesn't, just turn it off on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Analog stick nipples
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea i have couple other sites I find Switch titles also and just looked, I don't see it out/leaked yet...(paper mario)
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Or even worse; circle pad ball fondlers like on the 3DS
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all...