ROM Hack GTA Trilogy modding

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All this mods are cool, especially the performances ones, but the only one who can make me play again GTA for the 1000th time is a selfradio mod. Or at least the radio restoration. The compromise for a self radio would be to replace a radio by my own.

Pfff
The switch version was a dream, but finally it makes me cry.

Ok, i'll take my PSP again. At least i've made two f...... so good selfradios on it.
Agreed! That's really the only mod I want also. I want to be able to play thru again, with my own music, in all 3 games.

blackphantom

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've seen the video and the link about modding the GTA Trilogy on nintendo but It's really diificult tounderstand. Can someone make a video from the beginning on how to install this mod menu for san andreas? I got atmosphere but the installing the tesla menu with all the overlays confused me so much. I need a tutorial hw to install the gta mods on the switch! ^^ Can someone make this or help me? :)

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen the video and the link about modding the GTA Trilogy on nintendo but It's really diificult tounderstand. Can someone make a video from the beginning on how to install this mod menu for san andreas? I got atmosphere but the installing the tesla menu with all the overlays confused me so much. I need a tutorial hw to install the gta mods on the switch! ^^ Can someone make this or help me? :)
This overlay mod not work for me anyways after new game update, so not sure if you would still want to try.
Just use these:

Attachments

• GTA Trilogy SA - Button Codes For Switch.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited by BigOnYa,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by BigOnYa,

blackphantom

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The button cheats still work, have to press them fast... or worst come, you can uninstall the update (if you know how) or uninstall game and re-install but don't update. Your game save will be safe! The cheat codes through edison work on older game version still.
it's very weeeird. Sometimes the cheats work but sometimes the doesn`t. For example I tried to cheat the tank and after the 10th time it worked. But then I tried again like 20 times and it didn`t work anymore.. Is it only me who is having this problem? Or what am I doing wrong?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's very weeeird. Sometimes the cheats work but sometimes the doesn`t. For example I tried to cheat the tank and after the 10th time it worked. But then I tried again like 20 times and it didn`t work anymore.. Is it only me who is having this problem? Or what am I doing wrong?
They all work for me, but yea have to be perfect on button pressing and have to be rather fast too.

blackphantom

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hmmm I really don't know what I am doing wrong cause I'm doing it correctly and quick. That's why I'm wondering. Maybe some buttons are changed and I am always pressing the wrong button? But I dont know.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm I really don't know what I am doing wrong cause I'm doing it correctly and quick. That's why I'm wondering. Maybe some buttons are changed and I am always pressing the wrong button? But I dont know.
If you read the .txt file I posted earlier, It has the right buttons listed specific for the Switch. (ex: LR, R, RR, L etc.) L being top trigger, LR being bottom trigger. Good luck and Have fun!

whitesword7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheats are available without any modding though.... You just need to push right buttons fast. Same buttons as ps2
One thing that I always screws me up on the definitive edition is if the cheat require you to press L (or L1 on PS). Do NOT hold L when you input the cheat, just press it once. If the weapon wheel appear when you press L, then the cheat won’t work.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
we are slowly getting some nice mods
i hope someone figures out a way to use CLEO mods but i assume this will never be the case.

Grand_Theft_Auto _San_Andreas_–_The_Definitive_Edition_10_12_2021_20_29_45.jpg

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe it's a dumb adea but if we extract the "restore music mod" for pc and we convert all musics in the switch format and then we just recompile it into a. Pak file. Wouldn't it be working on switch?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe it's a dumb adea but if we extract the "restore music mod" for pc and we convert all musics in the switch format and then we just recompile it into a. Pak file. Wouldn't it be working on switch?
well, we know that from the beginning. And somehow noone did it, because it's not as easy as using one tool that will do it all for you.

Reactions: cobjak and BigOnYa

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Modding looks difficult...
But maybe just modify actual .pak would be possible?

For example this ; https://www.nexusmods.com/grandthef...ab=description&jump_to_comment=102899363&BH=1

The author of the mod recommend to change .ini settings so my question is, is there a way to unzip, modify settings and repack?
Or at least a way to use.ini?

installing mods is as easy as putting .pak files into the right folder. thats it.
if you want to create mods yourself, you need to extract the files from the pak, modify them (and bake, if dealing with unreal assets), pack them in a new pak and install that

i opened the ini file and it says that the path to the file you have to edit is \Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas Definitive Edition\Config\WindowsNoEditor\CustomSettings.ini
Documents path usually means that ini file would be inside the savegame? extract that with JKSV and take a look.
thats just speculation though, i dont know if that file exists inside the savegame

Reactions: BigOnYa and cobjak

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
installing mods is as easy as putting .pak files into the right folder. thats it.
if you want to create mods yourself, you need to extract the files from the pak, modify them (and bake, if dealing with unreal assets), pack them in a new pak and install that

i opened the ini file and it says that the path to the file you have to edit is \Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas Definitive Edition\Config\WindowsNoEditor\CustomSettings.ini
Documents path usually means that ini file would be inside the savegame? extract that with JKSV and take a look.
thats just speculation though, i dont know if that file exists inside the savegame
I really don't want to make mods, I'm à noob for that.
Just want to unpack this one and change the ini then repack it but if I need unreal engine and all I think it's too much for nothing... I would try with jksv thanks

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I found something interesting.

For mods that doesn't work on the switch, I change the number to a smaller number and it works. (Ex: 500-...pak to 50... park)I test with high fade overhaul and now it works. Also, I tried with véhicule retexture mod and now it's 100% working with the suffix number "50", with the original number it was working only at 30%

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night