Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blood Fetish said:
Pyrate02 said:
Last I heard, YMCA doesn't force women to cover up head to toe, force people to stop listening to music, force people to stop educating their daughters, force perverted values on everyone, and the list goes on and on...
Neither would this center.

QUOTE(Pyrate02 @ Aug 23 2010, 10:53 PM) Go back to whatever hole in Afghanistan you crawled out of. If you want to live in an Islamist state, go live in Somalia or Afghanistan.

We don't want or need people like you in the USA.
Sure you do, otherwise who would buy your french fries?
LOL, did you just compliment him? He probably would kill to eat.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blood Fetish said:
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire.
wink.gif

Injury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't you know? Obama is a muslim! Hitler was a jew, and George Bush a Scientologist. I don't know where you all get your facts...

wtf.gif
wtf.gif
wtf.gif
wtf.gif
wtf.gif
wtf.gif
wtf.gif

connor_walsh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pyrate02 said:
Ha, that's one thing I haven't been called before - cunning troll!

In this case, don't you mean freedom of religion = freedom for the Islamists to impose Islam on the rest of us? That is not what the great USA stands for. Unfortunately, its not about freedom of religion for them. It's quite clear what they want, and either you are an Islamist or an apologist for them.

Do you even know what the Muslims say in their prayers? They're not exactly fond of Christians.

WAKE UP AMERICA! The enemy is here and they are gunning for you.
Take your KKK suit off and the foil hat now listen there's a difference between the extremist Muslims and normal everyday Muslims.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Bri said:
1) If you agree then why did you state it the way you did? 2) Nobody said that what the terrorists did wasn't morally dubious.

1) Sorry, you've lost me. Put it like how now? Simply because they twisted a religion in order to justify their goals doesn't change the fact that it was done in the name of religion.
2) I wasn't referring to the terrorists. You'd be hard pressed to find people who didn't think they were morally dubious. I meant the building of a religious centre near the site of the attack.

QUOTE said:
Yes, I believe in the constitutional right to freedom of religion. I also believe that one should be free to practice their religion (or lack thereof) as long as it doesn't involve interfering with the rights of others.

-Bri

Alright, I'll go down another route. What's your opinion on the censoring of the South Park episode? Rational or unrational?

Blood Fetish said:
Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

I'll never live it down will I? lol

QUOTE said:
I understand your point and apologize if that is truly how you feel. While it is certainly possible for people to be protesting in the hopes that the builders will simply choose not to build there, I really do not get the feeling that is what the vast majority of the protesters are about. This seems like more than an "emotional appeal" to the builders so much as them wanting to force construction to be halted; thus my comment about the first amendment.

Yep, that is exactly how I feel. And I've said it many times. I've never once called for them to be forced to stop, and I've never said that it would be acceptable. All I've stated is that if people are offended, which in my opinion they have every right to be, then they should be allowed to speak out. Well, as long as they're not paranoid right wing propaganda pushing alarmist lunatics like our anti-Islamic poster.

And I agree that for alot of people it strictly is an anti-Islam thing and they want to force the stopping of it. It really isn't that for everybody though. For some it's just feels a little wrong, and feel it would be more respectful just a fraction further away. I'll even join the camping to have it built if someone then opposes it, just not there.

QUOTE(TrolleyDave @ Aug 23 2010, 10:13 PM)
Why though? I mean does she truly need to understand any more than she has a home for life, someone who will always take care of her and love her. And after all, they could get divorced when she's older if she truly is unhappy with the situation.
As I have said, she is not in a position to make that decision, and marriage is a contract between two people. Once she is of age and fully understands the implications of marrying a 50 year old man she is free to do that.

This is a moot point now anyway. I actually agree with what you were saying. I was just going to show an example of how something can be justified with rights yet still be morally wrong. I misunderstood what Bri was getting at though.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Depravo said:
Blood Fetish said:
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire.
wink.gif

It's mistakenly attributed to Voltaire but it wasn't actually him who wrote it. It was Evelyn Beatrice Hall.
That's what Google told me too.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blood Fetish said:
TrolleyDave said:
Depravo said:
Blood Fetish said:
Voltaire.
wink.gif

It's mistakenly attributed to Voltaire but it wasn't actually him who wrote it. It was Evelyn Beatrice Hall.
That's what Google told me too.
I just realized. You've been a member since 2002 and you only have around 400 posts. You must have posted more here in the topic than anywhere else, huh?

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I forgot even making the account until earlier this year when I got an email about a new private message (which turned out to be a spambot). The GBA had only been out a year when I signed up here, hah.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrate02 said:
Last I heard, YMCA doesn't force women to cover up head to toe, force people to stop listening to music, force people to stop educating their daughters, force perverted values on everyone, and the list goes on and on...

Go back to whatever hole in Afghanistan you crawled out of. If you want to live in an Islamist state, go live in Somalia or Afghanistan.

We don't want or need people like you in the USA.
Do you kill people who have sex before marrige well do you I bet you yourself did that did you know if you read the bible its the same as reading the Quran and that its different because it was made in a later time did you realize all that?You are what america doesn't need you cite examples that arent real since all you mention are those retarded power hungry psychos.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I though the video I posted before would of sorted everything out, but everyone ignored it. And I can see there are quite a few Anti-Islam tempers and I'm not surprised to see there all idiots.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto