Hardware Green/Red Pixels on screen

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I've just noticed this problem playing RE4 for the Wii and it seems that a bunch of random pixels (usually green, some red) flicker at certain points in the game. Does anyone know what is causing this and/or how to fix it?

Thanks a lot!

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a pretty common fault. Usually caused by leaving the Wifi connection on when the Wii is in standby. This makes things overheat and cause the graphics memory to fail.

The only way to fix it is to send it back to Nintendo.

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Richy Freeway said:
It's a pretty common fault. Usually caused by leaving the Wifi connection on when the Wii is in standby. This makes things overheat and cause the graphics memory to fail.

What are my options if my Wii has been modded? Do they check for the chip? If so, could I remove it before I send it back or will they look for signs that a chip was there?

Thanks!

(btw, I turned of WiiConnect 24 a long time ago so it hasn't been in standby mode at all. I did lend it to my sister, so it's possible she left it ON for a while and that's when the problem occured)

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
SlyGuy said:
Richy Freeway said:

What are my options if my Wii has been modded? Do they check for the chip? If so, could I remove it before I send it back or will they look for signs that a chip was there?

Thanks!

(btw, I turned of WiiConnect 24 a long time ago so it hasn't been in standby mode at all. I did lend it to my sister, so it's possible she left it ON for a while and that's when the problem occured)
Take it out and hope for the best. They'll probably just send you a whole new Wii, though. That's what i'm planning to do for when my Wii fails.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How common is this, exactly? The graphics problem? I remember hearing about it on and off, but I've never had it happen personally, and I can be pretty stupid and leave the thing on for far longer than it should be.

It's one of those problems you know is out there, and you just hope it never happens to you :E

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure US and Canada do the same as I had done it and I saw a post a year ago that someone else in Canada had done it too. Note that you need to have a credit card (Master or Visa) for this to work.

Call up Nintendo, tell them about your problem and ask that you want to do advance replacement. Make sure you don't tell them that you have bought VC and/or WiiWare games because then they will say to send it in instead.

Now backup your save games, Mii an other stuff and then delete everything/system format (if you install stuff like the Homebrew Channel). When your "refurbish" Wii arrive, just swap out the disc drive and ship back the "broken" Wii to them.

Now you will have a "new" Wii with your old/chipped drive and just load all your save game, Mii and other stuff onto the Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...