1. mashers

OP mashers Stubborn ape

Hi all

I'm using a Retroarch nightly build from a few days ago. The version string shows "1.3.0 - CATSFC(SNES9x) v1.36)". It's installed as a CIA on a 10.4 emunand on a EUR n3DS. Donkey Kong Country plays at full speed and performance during levels is perfect. But on maps and boss stages theres a weird flashing black or white effect on the screen. I've attached a video to show the issue. I would appreciate any ideas about what's causing this and how I can fix it!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4rsqwpo8ud44jas/Video 23-01-2016 08 51 07.mov?dl=0

2. mr_man_029

mr_man_029 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I've had a similar graphical glitch in Super Metroid. I ended up using pocketsnes and it went away so I just stuck with pocketsnes. And it works just as well in my opinion :)

3. mashers

OP mashers Stubborn ape

It worked! The pocketsnes core still runs the game at full speed but without the graphical glitches. Thanks buddy!

4. Classicgamer

Classicgamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Catsfc plus also fixes this glitching. Perhaps it's relates to spc timing?

5. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    This bug has been in catsfc for months now. I had it too when running DKC1 (pal). Because I didn't want to lose progress by starting over again in pocketsnes, I kept trying out different settings to see if I could fix it. Turns out setting a video filter in options will fix it. I'm now using the EPX filter I believe, it doesn't seem to slow down gameplay (some others do).

6. mashers

OP mashers Stubborn ape

Thank you, I'll try it. However, it's easy to avoid losing progress when switching cores. You just have to change the locate where the emulator looks for the SRAM files.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Graphical, Retroarch, glitches