Gotta upgrage my mod

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by dogman, Jul 12, 2010.

Jul 12, 2010

Gotta upgrage my mod by dogman at 2:41 PM (860 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. dogman
    OP

Member dogman GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    Hello people!

I need some kind of advice. I've been with my loyal wii since it was launched (first version) and I modded it with a wiikey v1. It's been great, I had some problems with Brawl but they were fixed "soon" after the game release. But a while ago, NSMB was launched, and I havent been able to play it yet...

So, reading the forums I've come to realize I should now softmod my wii, its free and it works better (I guess). The only problem I see with the system are the loaders and other things... I have a little brother, 6 years old, and he updated the console to 4.3. I understand that this kills softmods and its harder to install them now. He doesnt even care [​IMG]

Anyway, what I mean is, my brother doesnt care if he should update or not, because he will update if an update is available.. And he also needs a safe and easy way to load his games, as in DVDs (SD or USB would be an extra for me, and I could teach him..).

Given the nature of my brother, should I softmod my console? or should I hardmod it? Know that the only hardmod available to me right now is Wasabi DX...

2. luminalace

Member luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    If your at 4.3 already you going to find it hard to softmod! Search for a guide on these forums or elsewhere!

3. Parablank

Member Parablank GBAtemp Regular

United States
  4. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Alas, wiikey already has a fix for NSMBW... check their website..

5. dogman
    OP

Member dogman GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    Thanks [​IMG]

6. bwillb

Member bwillb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    if you use darkcorp 1.1 I'm pretty sure you can load backup discs from the disc channel just like a hardmod... look for it in the wii hacking section here

edit: checked out the 4.3 guide linked above, it includes darkcorp after hacking [​IMG]

7. afnuke

Member afnuke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The loaders and stuff are not a problem like you said, they are great programs that give you some control over the wii. I have a 5 and 6 year old that use one of mine and have never updated it, there are parental lockouts and priloader will stop it from even trying to update.

My kids are the smartest group, but they can click HBC channel, then click the loader and then pick a picture of the game they want.....its not that difficult. Just move the apps like wad manager and stuff somewhere else until you need them.

Why does everyone wait till a new system menu to come out THEN try to hack ??