Hacking GOT MY GATEWAY 3DS CARTS!!!! w00t!!!!

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already got GW3D emuNAND 9.7 up and running...

I am loving the hell out of Shovel Knight and already used PlayCoinSetter.

So here's my dilemma:

First, ho...

...w...

Dammit [user]Margen67[/user].

Stop fucking with my avatar. (gawd... *sigh* so annoying)

First, I had rxTools and was running emuNAND at 9.7 before I got my GW carts. I linked my NNID to emuNAND but when I tried to push to sysNAND NNID wouldn't work. I have sysNAND at 9.2.

So I'm guessing I should use my spare SD and make an emuNAND at 9.7, link NNID, and then downgrade it back to 9.2 and then push it to sysNAND?? Would that work?

Second, Now that I have GW and rxTools, if I install .CIA's onto emuNAND can I use rxTools to push them to sysNAND? Will that work? What about Play Coins? Can I push those too?

Last, I have my old .sav file for my eShop Super Smash Bros. game and would like to transfer it back. My understanding is I have to use SDF and XORPads to decrypted the current save and copy it into my old save. How do I go about loading up SDF and XORPads (new at this)??

Must I save all my .CIA's to my system SD? Or can I run them from Red Cart? Explain this...

Yes, I know Ultra 3.1.2 is out. Already switched and formatted with new Loader.dat. I'm loving the hell out of this.

So I'll leave it at that.

PS Sorry I've been absent for the past week or so. I had lots of lappies rolling in for repairs (I hate Win 8.1) and even managed to jailbreak an iPhone 4 and repair some old Gamecube controllers (even recycled parts from broken ones and cleaned up the others to almost new condition). Later this week I fix the actual Gamecube (he dropped it and now port IV doesn't work). Just a simple teardown and resetting should do the trick. It's probably the ribbon. I saw it was opening at the seams and took a quick guess what the problem was.

Oh, and my old 3DSXL was handed down to a very happy player who thanks you all. Now to hock off this old 3DS and all these unwanted DS carts. Yes, I transfered his SD and even upgraded it to my old 32GB. Including his MiiPlaza. Went without a hitch. I think I sold him on getting a Sky3DS since that system is on 9.7 already. Although, I might hold out for the DSTwo+ and see if it'll work. He really wants the NES/GBCA/DS/3DS-all-in-one. Although he did drool over the Gateway 3DS on my system. Especially when I used PKHeX on sysNAND 9.2 directly into the Sky3DS. He immediately whipped out his PKWhite cart and wanted to trade.

Was fun playing old Smash on Gamecube... completely forgot how to use C-Stick. But then I remembered.

Expect to see more of me over the next few weeks. Then school lets out and all hell breaks loose and I'll return from the cattle ranching to my home here at GBATemp.

Which reminds me, is there someplace I can buy GBATemp stickers or decals? I have a campus to canvas and a good spot to advertise...

Reactions: LameNobody

alantgw

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
> Second, Now that I have GW and rxTools, if I install .CIA's onto emuNAND can I use rxTools to push them to sysNAND? Will that work? What about Play Coins? Can I push those too?

A NO to all questions. Not sure what do you mean by push them; You can always install stuffs in sysNAND but you are not able to run them.

> Must I save all my .CIA's to my system SD? Or can I run them from Red Cart? Explain this...
You must run them in system SD.

Osmosis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
push = use rxTools to export/import moveable.sed and ticket.dg to sysNAND.

I already have done this without Gateway and my games work, but my NNID isn't.

i got my gw carts last year, i don't think i made a thread about it though

Well.... sooooooooooreee.

HEY MODS!!!! WE HAVE A WHINER!!!! LOCK IT ALL DOWN AND BURN IT!!! JUST TO BE SAFE!!!!

Better? ;)

I'm actually excited that they even arrived safely.

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Osmosis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using an O3DSXL with sysNAND 9.2, GW emuNAND on 9.7 and running rxTools prior to getting my GW carts.

I can "push" my emuNAND to sysNAND using rxTools.

Anyone with sysNAND 9.2 can do this.

Not sure if rxTools works on N3DSXL... hey cearp... cince you're lurking... answer that. rxTools on N3DSXL?? Y/N?

LameNobody

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using an O3DSXL with sysNAND 9.2, GW emuNAND on 9.7 and running rxTools prior to getting my GW carts.

I can "push" my emuNAND to sysNAND using rxTools.

Anyone with sysNAND 9.2 can do this.

Not sure if rxTools works on N3DSXL... hey cearp... cince you're lurking... answer that. rxTools on N3DSXL?? Y/N?

What would be the point if you would be unable to boot the .cia's anyway?

Osmosis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can install .cia's to system nand, but you'll have to re-launch gateway (to sysnand) mode to boot them every time unless they're legit cia's.

See cearp's thread about legit cia's https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-is-a-legit-cia-and-other-noob-cia-questions-answered.386705/

Ahhh, I get it. So I can install my illegit .CIA's to sysNAND but can't run them. But if I put my legit .CIA's into emuNAND I can transfer them back and forth.

Got it.

Where's [user]GothicIII[/user]? Last time I was on Gothic3 said something about me having screwed up my sysNAND when trying to link my NNID... Wonder if there's a way to fix that?

What would be the point if you would be unable to boot the .cia's anyway?

Just ease of access. Wish it would work with illegit .CIA's on sysNAND, but I guess I'll just have to boot into GW from now on. (poor browser... so abused)

Did 3.2.1* do anything special for O3DSXL? Or was it more N3DSXL ketchups?

LameNobody

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just ease of access. Wish it would work with illegit .CIA's on sysNAND, but I guess I'll just have to boot into GW from now on. (poor browser... so abused)

Did 3.1.2 do anything special for O3DSXL? Or was it more N3DSXL ketchups?

*3.2.1, and yes... 9.7 emunand got support in that version (for O3DS only)

LameNobody

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh damn. No 9.7 for N3DSXL? Still? *sighs*

New 3DS has new NCCH keys, So we may not see 9.6+ emunand for a while.

Anyway, about your emunand situation, do you plan on downgrading to 4.x to use the ds profile exploit instead of the web browser?

(This is what i did, had my emunand linked to my sysnand, created backup of nand.bin from GW launcher, downgraded, used emunand tool to inject my 9.2 nand into emunand (it works great), then formatted system nand (without SD instered) so All my online functions are on emunand, and my nnid is there... and i now have the option to use 4.x cfw)

Osmosis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more concerned that my 9.2 sysNAND (which works after rxTools export/import) doesn't read my NNID??? No way of checking since it's on 9.2...??? Wish GothicIII was on...

I considered 4.2 (mine was 6.2 factory) but my old was already 9.5+ and all my savedata had 6.x encryption.

But since I still need to properly fix my SSB eShop savedata to work (it didn't transfer, nor did my MiiPlaza) I might just go down to 4.5 anyways. But I have sooooooo much savedata left over from my Sky3DS I really don't want to break any of it.

But I might need to clean some of it up (multiple Pokemon SD savedata which are unused from my Sky3DS usage).

Is there some way to check which .SAV's are in use/not so I can clean up before going nuts with .CIA installs in GW-Mode?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/