Hacking Got banned

Marenthyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I honestly doubt its just USUM 1.2 - a lot of people just are too stupid to not mod/cheat a save they use online. I rather think the bans cone from ppl with excessive homebrew use while online and or modded/cheated online play, which you obviously shouldnt do.

D

Deleted User

Begs the question, why aren't they using the ban method they used during last years ban wave? Or are they...
The hyper ban is rare so triggering that ban requires playing unreleased games in there online multiplayer mode.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it was for modding save data (cheating), i think it would be a game specific ban, not a ban for all of online.

Unless nintendo is really banning play in ALL online games for cheating in one.

it doesn't make sense for nintendo to ban cheaters from anything except the game they cheated in.

Reactions: Purge

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it was for modding save data (cheating), i think it would be a game specific ban, not a ban for all of online.

Unless nintendo is really banning play in ALL online games for cheating in one.

it doesn't make sense for nintendo to ban cheaters from anything except the game they cheated in.
Finally, someone actually making sense.

Marenthyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Finally, someone actually making sense.
Disclaimer: The following is my opinion, your view may differ.

If i were developing multiple games or offering a gaming platform and detected someone cheating online in one of my games, i would not see any reason to not ban them from all ymy online games.
Yes, people deserve a second chance. Yes, some/a lot of people dont mean actual harm and wouldnt do it again.
Yes, i would hand out a warning/minor punishment before banning permanently.
But if someone really wants to cheat, please do it in singleplayer or local multiplayer where everyone knows it is for good fun.
Otherwise, modding/cheating is unacveptable and ruins the game/fun for everyone involved.
If i were in that position, i would set a ban to online services for that person.

Of course, i do see the other side. I myself am using Custom Firmware and hence are living "on the edge" already. I am fully aware that i am breaking a contract i agreed to by using my 3DS, buying and playing games. Nintendo has every right to ban me fully and/or lock me out of their Economy at any point in time.
I agreed to that the moment i started installing CFW. Yet, Nintendo does not ban. They could. They have the data of me using FBI and other homebrew software on a retail console. (Dev consoles may be different since you can install stuff there for dev purposes.) But why? Because they know that most people do it in good faith. And those that overstep this freedem get a soft ban (locked from online service). They dont want to lose a paying customer.

TL;DR: I am happy Nintendo doesnt ban as quickly, yet i would be more like VAC, where i ban in all my games for a violation.

</rant>

TechyTurtle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i used godmode9 script method and when i icess friemds on sysnand isnwould say i got banned but nw it get stuck on transition phrase so does it wrk??? however in emunand i tried the same using godmode9 and decyrpt 9 n it stills says i banned help ;-;

TechyTurtle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just got banned from that iso site link n by the looks of it everything operational! if anyone wants to fin it on the site it ws posted about a week ago

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL;DR: I am happy Nintendo doesnt ban as quickly, yet i would be more like VAC, where i ban in all my games for a violation.

That is not how VAC bans work. If you get VAC banned in CS:GO, that means you are banned from playing on VAC servers in CS:GO only. This ban does not extend to other games.

It is also not how Nintendo game bans work either.

Taronyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FWIW, I have three systems, 2 n3ds and 1 n2ds. the 2 n3ds systems had USUM installed from the other shop and updated to 1.2 via the update message at the beginning of the game launch. They were both banned. The n2ds had only US installed from the other shop and did NOT have the 1.2 update installed. It went online with S&M (not USUM) recently before the ban wave. It is not banned. So it appears to definitely be something tied to the 1.2 update.

My thoughts...

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
As this 1.2 blaming thing keeps going on, it would be worth noting that I have USUM updated to 1.2 and I am NOT banned.
Is it a pirated version though or a cartridge? And if pirated, is it cartridge dump or from CDN? If you own the game legitimately, of course you wouldn't be banned!

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
It is the pirated version that was the initial leaks. I have not gone online IN the games' functionality lately but I have gone online WITH them for events and game sync in the past before 1.2.

Last edited by Searinox,

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
[ dear gbatemp please implement a one time token per page get request that can be used for posting and cannot be reused so double posts on connection issues are no longer a thing, or just give us a delete button ]

Last edited by Searinox,
Reactions: ThoD

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
IlwZx77.jpg

also i don't mean by the first ban the leaked S/M ban, those ban was for the stupid people, also i know not all people was banned for 1.2 update,
i think even Nintendo can't ban all CFW users who installed Pokemon update because there are too many 3DS, so they ban as much as they can, and leave the rest to live to another day, it's the same like last year when they ban CFW people and we thought maybe because of the spotpass but i think it was because of S/M.

Last edited by aos10,
Reactions: ThoD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: they're from vocaloid"
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    to which I responded:
    "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: it's uremum"
    +1
    I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some awesome pranks but I'm afraid to test them lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some...