Homebrew Got a question I've never seen asked.

krissynz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I used the TP hack and have been reliving my glory days by playing some emulators mainly NES, my question is, is there a way to install these emulators to the harddrive that way you don't need to have the sd card everytime you play?

friknfrak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Show me the wii's harddrive and I'll show you how
smile.gif

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have a problem with the sd card? ive only put my card in maybe twice and havent touched the card since. a 2gb card is all you really would need. keep all your roms on there and ftpii over your wads. doo that and YOU'LL never touch your card again either (unless of course you just wanna hold, pet it, and name it george).
tongue.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
guys - he is asking can he install the NES emulator into the wii's memory so that he wont need the SD card to play them.
I havent use the NES emulator , but if its a DOL file it can be made into a wad using wadder (link in my sig) but for a lot of things like this you still need the sd card for it work work properly, but its worth trying if you want it as it may work as stand alone.

krissynz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's exactly what I meant Taz, I was wondering if you could install the emulator to the harddrive so I could play it off of there instead of the memory card.
If I turn it into a wad do you think I could just use wad manager to install it to the Wii?
Sorry asking so many questions, just very new to the Wii mod scene.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Okay got you, cools thanks anyway, I don't really use the SD card for anything else really
to be honest you only really need a 2gb SD card, nothing more till bigger more cleaner emus are released which are worth using.....like wii64, and PSX etc, but then you can load the roms Images off USB, or DVD so
smile.gif

davedeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
use wadder to create your own nes emu channel (or use an existing). install it with wadmanager or wadinstaller. burn your roms to an dvd. i think you have to install dvdx (dvdx won't work on 3.4) too. then you can read the roms from your dvd...now you can play nes emulator without an sd card (most emus allow to list the roms from usb drives also, so you don't must burn a dvd)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night