Hacking Got a new psp 3004 2nd hand.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Version 6.37

So should I go for the 6.20's permanent patch ??

Does this patch mean, you can never go to 6.60??

Do I need to downgrade? The post talks about 6.60...

First and foremost, check your Data Code - remove the battery and look for the serial number on the sticker inside the compartment. Under it, there should be a Data Code - it consists of a number and a letter. If it's under or equal to 8B (lower number/earlier letter in the alphabet), go ahead and install the 6.60 Sony OFW following the guide.

If it is 8C or higher, install 6.20 Sony OFW and follow the guide.

Next, download the corresponding PRO updater and follow installation instructions. After that, you should be up-to-date which should eliminate most firmware-related issues

MY data code is 8D so I need 6.20....
But still do I need to downgrade? I am on 6.37..

Is this method suffice for Downgrading a 6.60 PSP to 6.20? Same for 6.37 to 6.20?

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Go with 6.20 permanent, almost all the games work on this firmware and the recovery menu is there in case anything happens. FYI some psps are incompatible with the permanent patch, so make sure you run the test before you flash it, cuz if you don't you'll brick your psp with no way of recovery.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tried downgrader.. said model not supported 0_0... what the hell..
Says 6.31 6.35
6.38 6.39 6.60 Support added

But 6.37 nowhere???

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't. Just cause you have access to the Recovery Menu doesn't mean you can recover from bricking. You could backup your NAND, but trying to restore it might be unreliable, and you could only do that if you can still access the Recovery Menu after it possibly gets bricked. On 6.60, you'd have access to the PSN, the Fast Recovery option for PRO CFW is quick and reliable for re-enabling CFW after a full shutdown, and you won't really touch your NAND so there's a greatly reduced risk to bricking your system. Though, the permanent 6.20 CFW isn't that great of a chance in the first place.

It's up to you, but I wouldn't take any extra risks simply cause if you brick it, that's it. If taking the few seconds it takes to run Fast Recovery annoys you, you could just put your PSP into sleep mode instead of shutting it off.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Erm you just confused me... 0_0
I thought 6.6 isn't possible for 3004 PSP....

I am trying to downgrade my psp as we speak 6.37 to 6.2 but im having issues...

I prefer 6.60 like my last psp too but yeah... What are my options??

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh wait I think im being dumb :P I can upgrade to 6.6 official firmware ofcourse and then downgrade to 6.2.. I guess.

But from the thread

Leaves me to believe 6.60's permanent patch only works on the 1000 models and earlier 2000 models.

BUt when I look at 6.60 PRO (temporary or permanent) installation

It says 3000 models too?? confused

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm you just confused me... 0_0
I thought 6.6 isn't possible for 3004 PSP....

I am trying to downgrade my psp as we speak 6.37 to 6.2 but im having issues...

I prefer 6.60 like my last psp too but yeah... What are my options??
This applies to 6.60: You can't use permanent CFW. You can use temporary, though. The only difference is:

Permanent: The CFW is loaded when you turn it on.

Temporary: You have to run Fast Recovery to re-enable the CFW whenever it turn it on after you fully shut it down (it's still loaded after sleep mode, so you don't have to run it if you just put it to sleep).

It's just a very minor inconvenience. For most users, it's not a big deal and will allow you to run everything the permanent one will allow. Here's a up-to-date guide if you have any questions: http://wololo.net/installing-pro-cfw-on-a-psp-3000-psp-brite/

Though, I recommend using the Proupdate and Fast Recovery from this link http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=34403 though don't use the UPDATE from this one.

Oh wait I think im being dumb :P I can upgrade to 6.6 official firmware ofcourse and then downgrade to 6.2.. I guess.

But from the thread

Leaves me to believe 6.60's permanent patch only works on the 1000 models and earlier 2000 models.

BUt when I look at 6.60 PRO (temporary or permanent) installation

It says 3000 models too?? confused
No, it works on 3000s, but that's the only permanent patch that works on 3000 models. 2000s and 1000s can use just about any permanent CFW. For the most part, 3000s and GOs you have to use temporary CFW, it's just 6.20 uses an exploit in just that firmware that allows 3000s and GOs to have permanent CFW.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just updated to 6.60 official.
Then extracted 31566-660PRO-C2

ran PRO update.
CIPL flasher said data is damaged

Installed the hack successfully, rebooted. and it turned black/turned off...

Ran pro recovery.. same result..

What now?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't run CIPL Flasher. You just run Pro Update, that's it. Congratulations, you're using CFW. Whenever you shutdown the PSP, run Fast Recovery to re-enable CFW. Never touch the CIPL Flasher, it can brick your PSP if somehow it actually ran, it's meant for 2000s and 1000s.

After you've run Pro Update, you should be fine deleting it and CIPL Flasher. Make sure you keep Fast Recovery, that's the one you need.

Reactions: Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well that's great and all. so I executed the hack.. but it still crashes and turns off my psp XD

I must mention though I use the same SD-card without ANY problem in my 2004 psp permanent patch psp and it shows around 48 ps1 games I have installed.

So whats up 0_0

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I can delete Pro-Update from the SD? just need Recovery only?

If I ran Recovery it shuts down.
I just put that same sd in my other psp which it used to work.. also hangs now.. lo.l... great.

OK I have no idea what I did, I tried changing my psp themes. Anyway I think I had classic before and I reverted.

but now my "catagories" are gone... it just says help program for saved data... I enter it and I see all my games.. but it only says: copy or delete ... Sigh.. Oh boy.

Resetted psp to default settings... working now again..

Testing further.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, maybe someone that's had more hands on experience with the 3000 can help. I always hated working with the 3000s and GOs, so I generally avoided them if I could. Only thing I could think of is maybe you got the folders mixed up. In the link I gave you for the uoC2 fix, both the Eboot in the UPDATE folder and Pro Update folder show up as Pro Update in the XMB. You want to make sure you ran with one in the Pro Update folder, not the Update one. Could go back to your original plan and downgrade to 6.20. It's not supposed to be a pain to get this stuff running anymore, so something must have gotten mixed up somewhere.

EDIT: Seems there have been a few reports of this not working on very few European 3000s. If that's the case with yours, I have no experience in this area, then. Downgrading and using the exploit for 6.20 might work. Unfortunately, if the PSP shipped with any OFW newer than 6.20, you won't be able to downgrade. Hopefully, someone that knows more about this particular possible model might see this thread.

Reactions: Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't know what I did, everything seems to be in order... :D

Question though about the titles displaying for psx games(from another thread)... I was offered this solution.. but I cant enter CFW recovery anymore..??

Try to find in CFW recovery menu something like "speed up MS access - enabled" - if you will find it, turn it on. (depends of your psp type and cfw version)
Go to CFW recovery menu - configuration - hide PIC0.PNG and PIC1.PNG in game menu - enabled

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That simply hides the icons and backgrounds for the different programs. MS Speedup just helps with access speedup. Those will only take effect whenever you're in CFW mode (after you run Fast Recovery for that session [session being whenever you turn on your PSP, ending whenever you fully shut it off]).

You can only access the Recovery Menu after you've run Fast Recovery in that session and then hit select from the XMB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o