Gaming got a new laptop what do you think?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,979
  • Replies 38
D

Deleted User

OP
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core T3400 (2.6GHz )
Cache Memory: 1 MB L2 cache
Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic
Memory: 2GB DDR2 RAM
Hard Drive: 160GB
Video Card: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M HD
WLAN: WiFi 802.11b/g
Built-In: Altec Lansing speakers, Webcam with microphone,
Screen: 17? wide BrightView screen
Resolution: 1,440 x 900 pixels (WXGA+ HD)
Weight: 3.26 kg
Battery: 6 Cell Lithium Battery
Ports 5 in 1 memory card reader (SD, MMC, MS, MS PRO, xD)
USB: 3
HDMI: Yes 1

Well What do you think of it ??
smile.gif
smile.gif

em2241992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ireland 1 said:
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core T3400 (2.6GHz )
Cache Memory: 1 MB L2 cache
Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic
Memory: 2GB DDR2 RAM
Hard Drive: 160GB
Video Card: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M HD
WLAN: WiFi 802.11b/g
Built-In: Altec Lansing speakers, Webcam with microphone,
Screen: 17? wide BrightView screen
Resolution: 1,440 x 900 pixels (WXGA+ HD)
Weight: 3.26 kg
Battery: 6 Cell Lithium Battery
Ports 5 in 1 memory card reader (SD, MMC, MS, MS PRO, xD)
USB: 3
HDMI: Yes 1

Well What do you think of it ??
smile.gif
smile.gif
not bad, im looking into a similar system but i want a pentium t4200 and a small screen

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a decent enough machine. Hardly a power-house, but it depends entirely on what it's to be used for.
Actually, to be honest, it's smashing for anything that a Laptop should actually need to do.

But if you were to say how much you got it for, i'm sure we could comment on the value...
wink.gif

zkamuiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a decent laptop, great for everyday normal activities, but don't expect to play games on that machine well because of the integrated graphics card.

seedvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not bad, but the video card is not suitable for gaming. The large screen size and weight makes it tough to carry around though.

Plague_Host_Extr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Intel = Suck, AMD = Pwn. I do, however, like the speed of your proccessor over mine as its 500mhz fast, but my system has better specs. overall. 3gb of ram, 256 ATI Raedon, 220GB HD, 2.1ghz AMD Athlon64 x2 2.1. Like I said, I'm liking your processor speed over mine as well as the HDMI port. Your monitor is better as well, but I just hook my Laptop up to my HDTV (19in) and get a higher res screen after that.

It's a nice setup none the less, though. Definitely worth the purchase. Btw, are any of the USB a USB/eSATA combo? Many laptops have 1 USB/eSATA combo.

seedvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Plague_Host_Extremis said:
Intel = Suck, AMD = Pwn. I do, however, like the speed of your proccessor over mine as its 500mhz fast, but my system has better specs. overall. 3gb of ram, 256 ATI Raedon, 220GB HD, 2.1ghz AMD Athlon64 x2 2.1. Like I said, I'm liking your processor speed over mine as well as the HDMI port.

Comparing an AMD Athlon X2's clock speed to a Pentium Dual-Core Mobile is like comparing apples to oranges - also, AMD has no comparable processor in the mobile market right now. Intel's newer models are much more power efficient and faster clock for clock than the AMD Turions.

By the way, I'm not a fanboy. I use whatever is the best in terms of price/performance. I use an Intel/ATI rig for my gaming machine and I use a AMD/Nvidia based system for the other.

D

Deleted User

OP
Its a Compaq Presario Qc70 - 211EM. I got it with norton 360 V3.0 and 10 DVD-R Disc for backing it up

Alltogether it was in euros 480.99 not bad i thought

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you never plan to do any gaming on your laptop, it is nice to have options further on in the future.

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is definateley better than most laptops but chances are it will iron your pants if you put it on your lap

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
seedvt said:
Plague_Host_Extremis said:
Intel = Suck, AMD = Pwn. I do, however, like the speed of your proccessor over mine as its 500mhz fast, but my system has better specs. overall. 3gb of ram, 256 ATI Raedon, 220GB HD, 2.1ghz AMD Athlon64 x2 2.1. Like I said, I'm liking your processor speed over mine as well as the HDMI port.

Comparing an AMD Athlon X2's clock speed to a Pentium Dual-Core Mobile is like comparing apples to oranges - also, AMD has no comparable processor in the mobile market right now. Intel's newer models are much more power efficient and faster clock for clock than the AMD Turions.

By the way, I'm not a fanboy. I use whatever is the best in terms of price/performance. I use an Intel/ATI rig for my gaming machine and I use a AMD/Nvidia based system for the other.
The only AMD mobile processor that can compete with the Intel Core 2 Duo in laptops is the Turion X2 Ultra which is only used in a few computers. AMD's are not nearly as battery efficient, nor as powerful in general. Single core wise the Turion beat out the Celeron until Centrino and Centrino Duo chips became mainstream. Athlon X2's are horrible in laptops for battery life and their performance is not that good, they aren't even true dual core and are really old technology now. Intel has flat out been the best since they started dual core processing, AMD was great in the single core days, everyone knew Athlon 64 processors were the way to go, but now Intel has them beat in pretty much every corner. AMD is fine in a desktop, but their laptop solutions just flat out suck.

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have always found AVG to have a high number of false positives. As to whether this is no longer the case, I wouldn't know. I have been using Alwil Avast Antivirus for years now and I highly recommend it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn auto bots not pissing oil at o' rileys