GoRetro! Portable announced

GoRetro_Portable.jpg

Retro-Bit is bringing some of the most popular video games into your hands this holiday season with its new GoRetro! Portable handheld console.
Available in UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Nordics, Benelux and other European countries at €39.99, Retro-Bit’s Go Retro! Portable features over 260 games including favorites from publishers The Tetris Company, Capcom, and Data East, such as Tetris, Mega Man, Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3, Ghosts n Goblins, Strider, 1942, Gun Smoke and more. The Go Retro! Portable comes in blue and white color.

Distributed exclusively in EU by Koch Media, the Go Retro! Portable features up to 10 hours of non-stop gameplay using 4 AAA batteries. Fans can alternatively play by plugging the handheld into a micro-USB cable. The Go Retro! Portable features a 2.8 inch high-resolution screen, volume control, 3.5mm headphone jack, and an intuitive user interface.

“The Go Retro! Portable offers a simple and effortless way for gamers to dive into retro gaming at a solid price point” said Ali Manzuri, Product and Business Development at GOE Distribution/Retro-Bit. “We wanted to let players relive the experience without having to go through the hassle of searching for consoles, controllers, and cartridges as well as being confined to their living rooms. With the introduction of Retro-Bit’s new handheld, players can now take the experience of their home consoles anywhere!” adds Ron Pang, VP of Sales and Marketing at Innex Inc/Retro-Bit.

GoRetro_Portable_Open.jpg

The Go Retro! Portable is estimated to release on November 30th for €39.99 and will be available across all retail stores and online shops in Europe.

:arrow: GoRetro! Portable Official Site

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks like another company trying to take advantage of the open source nature of RetroArch to make some money while hurting the reputation of Libretro developers. I'll wait to read more about this before I pass my judgement on it, though seeing it on GameStop does make me think they are trying to work with legal teams.

Last edited by Dimensional,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Seen these the other day. 20.00 to 29.95 USD depending where you look.
Or cheaper buying thru Aliexpress despite that the built quality and software quality won't be anywhere as close though it has a much lower price tag.

Really, stuff like this is to bank on nostalgia. If it isn't Nintendo doing then chances are it'll fail. SEGA had the idea to bring out 'Classic' consoles first but they didn't succeed, maybe because they were working with the shitty AtGames but also because.. it's SEGA. Most people are nostalgic about Nintendo.

radicalwookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it was these. Been able to preorder them since last week. There as been an white/orange one available with less games. Same company producing this one as well.

Edit: looks like the old color has been updated to include the extra games. Kohl’s has these btw on sale during Black Friday for 10.00.
Ok I’d buy 2 for 10 bucks -.-

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are those... turbo buttons?!?!?

Suddenly I'm reminded of cheap crappy 3rd party controllers from the early 2000s... some company named Happy Dogz or something... :rofl2:

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are those... turbo buttons?!?!?

Suddenly I'm reminded of cheap crappy 3rd party controllers from the early 2000s... some company named Happy Dogz or something... :rofl2:

I still have my happy cats controller some where. The first several years of the snes, first party ones always broke. My 3rd party controller still works til this day. I remember Nintendo tried to sue several 3rd party controller manufacturers. They even took it to the Supreme Court n lost

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This "news" seems copy-pasted corporate bullshit to mask the blatant advertisement as a legit source of news. In fact, it uses almost the same words as this and this.

First "Venom accessories" and now this.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
This "news" seems copy-pasted corporate bullshit to mask the blatant advertisement as a legit source of news. In fact, it uses almost the same words as this and this.

First "Venom accessories" and now this.
Yup they are known as 'press releases'.
Some sites rewrite them with their own spin but we like to post them exactly as we receive them, unaltered.

D

Deleted User

I'd buy it if it had SNES games. As someone born in 1993, I just don't get the appeal in playing shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr