Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
google-phone-coryobrien-twitter.jpg
QUOTE said:
Look familiar? For a story that broke on Twitter it's only fitting that the first reported picture of the mythical, magical "Google Phone" (AKA, Nexus One) would appear there as well. The tweeted image above appears courtesy of one Cory O'Brien, an account manager at a San Francisco Bay Area marketing agency that does not list Google as a client. That note of caution aside, the image above is an exact match to that leaked HTC Passion / Bravo image from October, only this time lacking the HTC logo on the top-side bezel. Besides the pic, O'Brien tweets that the "Google Phone = iPhone + a little extra screen and a scroll wheel. Great touch screen, and Android." Granted, none of this is confirmed yet, but with Google releasing so many of the devices as part of its "mobile lab" concept, well, we expect to see plenty more sightings in the run up to the rumored January launch.

Update: A quick search for "nexus one" on Google's Picasa photo service reveals several pictures taken with a camera pegged as the HTC Nexus One in the EXIF data. The very first of these geotagged 2592×1944 pixel (that's a 5 megapixel sensor folks, hardly "weirdly large" as described by TechCrunch) images were taken by user Bradley (who just happens to be a Picasa friend to Sergey... hint) in the SF Bay Area on November 27th. A few are clearly lit by an onboard flash as well. In fact, many of the pics appear to be taken from within Google's offices and at Google sponsored events. The quality is not exactly spectacular and that won't likely change in the final product because even Google's bound by the laws of physics when it comes to tiny cellphone sensors.

Update 2: The device seems to have been around earlier with an EXIF identifier of "Phone88." Fortunately, Google's own employees have uploaded pics of the device, by the device, for us to marvel at -- so meta. Check the gallery for the images or a quickie close-up posted after the break.

Source and Pictures

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Instead of making more phones, the companies need to add useful apps like a Pizza Hut app for ordering pizza or an Applebees App to order some food to go. It would be stuff from mainstream restaurants and companies that can be found in most large towns and major cities in the US and Canada.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google's fucking taking over. Soon, it won't be the happy "just google it." Soon, Google will ruin the world.

Just look at YouTube >:(

Synchromatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
Instead of making more phones, the companies need to add useful apps like a Pizza Hut app for ordering pizza or an Applebees App to order some food to go. It would be stuff from mainstream restaurants and companies that can be found in most large towns and major cities in the US and Canada.
In order for that though, the companies would have to ship their phones with these apps, which would likely need a partnership. It's more likely for a 3rd party developer or even the restaurants themselves to create an app to be placed on the Market.

QUOTE(anaxs @ Dec 13 2009, 08:59 PM) i bet watever google comes up with wontbe as good as the other companies
i like nokia and HTC a bit but i love nokia
The Nexus One is made by HTC supposedly. There was another picture leaked a month ago or so that had the same phone with the HTC name on it.

kangle4

Trophies
XP
Country
Hop2089 said:

they have this in Australia for a pizza company here called Domino's, you order what u want and can then track the order as it's made and delivered.
i think it is a free download aswell for the iphone.

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
Celice said:
Google's fucking taking over. Soon, it won't be the happy "just google it." Soon, Google will ruin the world.

Just look at YouTube >:(

you are right..soon it will be "just Google"...

shito

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
is that a error screen?colorfull cross of death!!!also:
person 1: i need to find XX thing
person 2: google it
person 1: i lost my google phone ._.
person 2: googl...... X(
sorry, i couldn't resist XD

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Looks good.. and I trust Google, they'll certainly do a good job.

BUT, I think Apple already won this war, it'll be hard to beat them now. Some geeks might want a Google Phone, but I don't see the more common folks wanting it over an iPhone.

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
CockroachMan said:
BUT, I think Apple already won this war, it'll be hard to beat them now. Some geeks might want a Google Phone, but I don't see the more common folks wanting it over an iPhone.
Check out the Motorola Droid, if you thought Apple had already won the war.
+ In just 17 days everyone will be able to say: the iPhone is soo 2009!

Anyway, I love the phone, and now I feel dumb for having a (also 'Google phone') HTC Magic
frown.gif

EEragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, google is starting to be a superpower...
I read in a magazine that if the google severs would be down only for 10 minutes, the total lose of companies would be around 2 biljon dollars, can you imagine?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: