Google acquiring Motorola Mobility

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Zorua, Aug 15, 2011.

Aug 15, 2011
  1. Zorua
    OP

Zorua Newbie

[​IMG]
    Happy Monday to you, and happy Monday to Motorola Mobility, which Google has announced is about to become its next acquisition. This comes hot on the heels of a $56 million Q2 net loss for Moto -- and CEO Sanjay Jha's less than subtle hints about going fishing for Android-related patent royalties. Now, at a price of $40 per share for a total of about $12.5 billion, Big G will be making Moto a "dedicated Android partner" to "supercharge the Android ecosystem" and "enhance competition in mobile computing."[/p]
    [​IMG] Source

2. shadowmanwkp

Member shadowmanwkp Your roms are on another rom site

Netherlands
    I haven't heard much of interest about motorola since a long time. This is a very interesting move, because motorola processors have been made for older apple computers and let's not forget the fact that they've been relatively profitable when the mobile phone just took off. Makes me wonder what google is gonna do with the company.

3. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    It's well suited for Google to acquire a major company like Motorola. It'll definitely help provide more stability for Android's operating system and its userbase as a whole, due to Motorola's robust patent portfolio. One can assume that with this purchase, their patent portfolio becomes available for other Android manufacturers, and thus will become available to HTC and Samsung whom are currently battling Apple in court.

4. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Google is kind of like the blob from... well, the Blob, absorbing other companies to grow in size and power.

Now, where it goes from here is the question...

5. ThePowerOutage

Member ThePowerOutage The Lord of the Flyes

United Kingdom
    Now what happened with Nortel makes sense.

6. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    so google and motorola? motorola is famous here and google has hardly anything to lose.

7. Zorua
    OP

Zorua Newbie

I have a Defy and Motorola said that they won't provide updates beyond Froyo. Hope this changes with Google acquiring Motorola.

8. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    Yeah I got my bro a Defy two weeks ago. It would be cool if they release updates for it.

9. TheDarkSeed

Member TheDarkSeed I'm a pretentious sack of shit

United States
    I just hope that they make an Android phone with a chirp. I really want an android phone with a chirp. [​IMG]