Gaming Good eShop titles?

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to try Shantae: Risky's Revenge, since I heard it was so good, but I can't get it to work on my R4i deluxe. :-(

But Steamword Dig looks pretty fun. I would hold out for a bit though and get Retro City Rampage when it comes out soon to the eshop, for $10 I believe.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
super little acorns 3d turbo is pretty nice.
its only like 2$ i believe, though it might be cheaper on an iphone.

i've been looking through the eshop myself today and didnt really find a lot of other interesting things. but its possible the eu eshop has less games... theres no cave story available for example

Reactions: signz

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to try Shantae: Risky's Revenge, since I heard it was so good, but I can't get it to work on my R4i deluxe. :-(

But Steamword Dig looks pretty fun. I would hold out for a bit though and get Retro City Rampage when it comes out soon to the eshop, for $10 I believe.
A DSiWare on an R4? IMPOSSIBRU!

Theconejo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the Atlus games still on sale? There were a couple for 20 and their games are worth it if you RPGs.

Edit: sorry it ended yesterday :( Someone mentioned Cave Story and I had a blast with that one.

UltraMew

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
That game costs $30.

You still haven't told us what gameplay are you expecting. Do you want RPG? Sports? etc? Can't expect people to help you when you don't tell them what you're looking for.
Depends. I like Mario, Pokémon, and Animal Crossing, so, platformer and RPG, I guess?

UltraMew

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Can you explain why that is? Dsi eshop games are supposed to work normally on a 3ds. What's the issue preventing them when 3ds eshop games work just fine?
Well, to quote you:

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Gunman Clive is a budget game but it's also really good, it's definetly worth a try.
Fractured Soul is a really hard game, but it's amazing and has a unique gameplay .
VVVVVV is a nice retro game, although it's story mode is kind short, it's player levels make hundreads of hours of gameplay.
There are also the Sega Genesis 3D classics, Sonic is a must-buy and Ecco the Dolphin is really nice.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
EDGE is dirt cheap on both Wii U and 3DS! It's a nifty, minimalistic puzzler with a rock-solid engine and lots of surprises. Very casual, "play in short bursts" kind of game. Not to mention it includes both the original game and its sequel, "EDGE Extended". It's good stuff, I tells ya! If you haven't played it yet, I totally recommend it.

Take a looksy! (The trailer is for the iThing version but it's the very same on WiiU/3DS)

UltraMew

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Sonic is a must-buy and Ecco the Dolphin is really nice.
Insta-buy? I have 3D Sonic already and: the iOS remasterings. MD is a Genesis emu, for Sonic 3/Knux and rom hacks (S2XL)

(Ignore Minecraft)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 178

fischermasamune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you play all the demos on eShop and tell us what you like?
Otherwise you'll just keeping rejecting suggestions people are making in good faith.

UltraMew

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you play all the demos on eShop and tell us what you like?
Otherwise you'll just keeping rejecting suggestions people are making in good faith.
All the demos aren't that good or are retail games.

How good are:
The Shantae games
LoZ: OoS/OoA/LA
Any other VC titles?

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
How good are:
The Shantae games
LoZ: OoS/OoA/LA
Any other VC titles?

The Shantae games are supposed to be good, but I've only played the GBC entry. As much as I hate to say it, there are some aspects where it hasn't exactly aged gracefully! You could do much worse, though.

...Wait a minute, you mean to say you haven't played Link's Awakening? Definitely get that one before anything else. I hate to be That Guy Who Calls Link's Awakening one of the Greatest Games Ever and Tells You You Should Buy It This Very Instant, but...

Link's Awakening is one of the greatest games ever, and I'm telling you that you should buy it this very instant. :P

(Pardon my exorbitant bias and enthusiasm!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...