SavageWaffle

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So HD-DVD died(R.I.P), and i was thinking of getting a HD-DVD Player Add On for the 360. But there not making any more movies so whats the point. I thought of getting a DVD Player instead. What are some recommended DVD Players that would look good on a 32" Sharp Aquos?
I dont really care how long/how short it is. As long as its:
Stable.
Is able to hold the Nintendo Wii(Putting it on top)
Not that heavy(since putting on shelf.

Any good DVD Players?

And one question:
Do they still make DVD Discs? Like latest movies/releases.

Oh and does this exists?
Description-
Like a box(square shaped possibly)
Can hold ALOT of Xbox 360(Cases),DVD's
About 16" High
About 10" Wide
Used for Storage.
Doesnt have to be fancy.
Just something easily accessible.
Possibly made of wood? I dont care buy wood would be light weight.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you come to gbatemp for all your technology investments?

how about this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16882641222

Yes they still make Dvd discs for the latest movies...
wink2.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"hd" is a tiny fraction of the market (and overrated in my opinion: give some real high definition rather than a nominal increase and we will talk) but yeah I know of no "HD" exclusives, hell I think you can still pick up the odd VHS.

My suggestion mod an xbox: DVDs and just about every video type you can imagine beat a cheap player.

Stand/box: I would make one but there are plenty of places that sell DVD racks. I would suggest you go with some stackable DVD draws.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Xbox Media Center. The most polished homebrew I have ever seen in my life. Xboxs are relatively cheap these days and get a 160GB HDD and you have a cheap Multimedia Games Center.

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
I bought a $20 Apex DVD player from Wal-mart a few years ago (its at home unf now). It upscales decently and you can input a code through the remote to make it region free.

Oh never mind - while it upscales well, you couldn't put anything on top of it. The DVD player I have here would work well - it's white, it has a front tray, and the tray emits a blue light, but it's Japanese and Region 2.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought the 360 HD DVD drive a couple of days ago. It's $50, and soon those 500+ movies will be in bargain bins for $5-$10.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're like me and need a dvd player for another tv and doesn't want to go through the hassle of getting an xbox, modding it, etc (and anyother etcs) then I'd get a divx certified dvd player. Well, I AM. It's still being shipped by circuitcity's crappy shipping. Your tv probably won't notice any quality difference if you had one that also upscaled to 1080p but thats always plus, unless it costs too much for you.

The one I'm getting happens to also have a usb port and the features I mentioned above. You know, so I can plug in my external which happens to be using NTFS which won't work >_>. FAT32 formatted drives afaik.

edit- this happens to be the one I'm getting: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16882641222
circuitcity had a 10 dollar off deal so woohoo.

SavageWaffle

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...